Why become a member? Read more... ×
Cat Burrito

Show us your sunbursts

We've had threads showing off black basses, white basses, Wal basses & pretty much everything else. I'm not aware of one celebrating the humble sunburst. So in a bid to get a thread on Sunbursts started, here are mine;

from left to right we have a Resonator Bass (from China via Texas!?), a Hofner Verithin Bass, a Hofner Beatle Bass, my original 80s Precision & a 70s parts Jazz bass. I didn't reallise I'd become such a sunburst fan!

What you got? Show 'em here!

Nice one Burrito and a lovely collection.

Here's my '58 bitsa, although it has also appeared in the precisions thread.

[attachment=74030:complete12.JPG][attachment=74029:complete2.JPG]

I have three: my Alleva-Coppolo LG4 (a super-Jazz), my '71 Fender P/J and my Fender Tony Franklin fretless. Here's pics of first two

[attachment=74033:AC4_002.jpg][attachment=74034:P1040057.JPG]

and my TF (not got a pic) is a more brightly-coloured twin of my '71 and looks just like this:

[attachment=74035:55U_4543...dy_front.jpg]

Edited by Clarky

1983 SQ Squier Japan Precision...

Non Original, but cool as anything.

This stands next to a Custom Shop Jazz and shares my playing 50/50.

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='1151209' date='Mar 6 2011, 10:09 AM']We've had threads showing off black basses, white basses, Wal basses & pretty much everything else. I'm not aware of one celebrating the humble sunburst. So in a bid to get a thread on Sunbursts started, here are mine;

from left to right we have a Resonator Bass (from China via Texas!?), a Hofner Verithin Bass, a Hofner Beatle Bass, my original 80s Precision & a 70s parts Jazz bass. I didn't reallise I'd become such a sunburst fan!

What you got? Show 'em here![/quote]
Got a greenburst but it will not upload

Erm, just the one and it's kinda old and not in very good nick. Can't imagine it'd be of any interest to anyone, but in the spirit of making up the numbers here we are -

[quote name='kingofthestuntmen' post='1151733' date='Mar 6 2011, 06:42 PM']Erm, just the one and it's kinda old and not in very good nick. Can't imagine it'd be of any interest to anyone[/quote]
Thats where you are wrong. I think it looks fabulous, like its played a million gigs with a million stories to tell :)

[quote name='kingofthestuntmen' post='1151733' date='Mar 6 2011, 06:42 PM']Erm, just the one and it's kinda old and not in very good nick. Can't imagine it'd be of any interest to anyone, but in the spirit of making up the numbers here we are -[/quote]

Is that a pukka 72 or is it a Bravewood?

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='1151738' date='Mar 6 2011, 06:44 PM']Is that a pukka 72 or is it a Bravewood?[/quote]

Genuine Fender, though clearly not all original... Full story is on page 6 of the 'Precisions' thread - [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=116578&st=100"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=116578&st=100[/url] - Further to the info there, all the road rash was 'as is' when we acquired her.

I've often wondered who she belonged to and how she came to be in such a state.

Edited by kingofthestuntmen

Sunburst Jaydee, Steinberger ZX2 and VC...

Edited by TheGreek

Really really want a AV '62 P :) Until then:-

John Birch SG Bass. Two days after he phoned me to say it was nearly finished he was found dead in his kitchen, he was 80 years old.
This is the last guitar that John Birch personally worked on.

my current two - Nice!

[IMG]http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd471/paul_510/P3160548.jpg[/IMG]

;)

[quote name='kingofthestuntmen' timestamp='1299436929' post='1151733']
Erm, just the one and it's kinda old and not in very good nick. Can't imagine it'd be of any interest to anyone, but in the spirit of making up the numbers here we are -

[/quote]

:gas:

that is soooooooo kool B)