Why become a member? ×

Hello from Hull

bassgurumonster

Hi, im situated in Kingston upon Hull, ( Where? ) East coast, North Humberside. Ive been playing for %*£"!& yrs, and still loving it . Ive enjoyed being in bands and enjoyed leaving some too!! Ive supported W.A.S.P, Michael Schenker, and Children of Bodom. Im about to start a new venture, ill post more soon! cheers Mike :)

Edited by bassgurumonster

[quote name='bassgurumonster' post='1136468' date='Feb 21 2011, 10:49 PM']Hi, im situated in Kingston upon Hull, ( Where? ) East coast, North Humberside. Ive been playing for %*£"!& yrs, and still loving it . Ive enjoyed being in bands and enjoyed leaving some too!! Ive supported W.A.S.P, Michael Schenker, and Children of Bodem. Im about to start a new venture, ill post more soon! cheers Mike :)[/quote]

Sounds like you've had quite a history. What bands are/were you in, or is it a secret? :lol:

Either way, welcome to the forum mate :)

[quote name='Jam' post='1136472' date='Feb 21 2011, 10:50 PM']Sounds like you've had quite a history. What bands are/were you in, or is it a secret? :)

Either way, welcome to the forum mate :)[/quote]
Last band was called Infobia, we played Bloodstock twice, was great but I think it went as far as it was poss. Check out W.H.Y.G.M on youtube under Infobia.

[quote name='bassgurumonster' post='1136468' date='Feb 21 2011, 10:49 PM']Hi, im situated in Kingston upon Hull, ( Where? ) East coast, North Humberside. Ive been playing for %*£"!& yrs, and still loving it . Ive enjoyed being in bands and enjoyed leaving some too!! Ive supported W.A.S.P, Michael Schenker, and Children of Bodom. Im about to start a new venture, ill post more soon! cheers Mike :)[/quote]
Another Hull bass player. :) :lol: Welcome.

[quote name='Lozz196' post='1137847' date='Feb 22 2011, 10:29 PM']Welcome to Basschat. Am very familiar with Hull, used to play fairly regularly at The Adelphi, and drink in Spiders, back in the late 80s.

Those were the days..............................[/quote]
Spiders! The days of triple gin slings for peanuts. And a peanut for a brain by the end of the night.

Welcome Pal- I am from Hull too- bit different bands- always been in pop and soul bands, mostly.

My Pals dad owned Spiders- spent many a night in there. Played at the Adelphi more times than I can count-on with people like the Housemartins, Gargoyles, Happy Mondays, the Farm etc

Some video of me at the Adelphi on youtube- if you search for the Company Tines are Tough and there I am dancing in a strange stylee!!

[quote name='thumperbob 2002' post='1138147' date='Feb 23 2011, 08:28 AM']Welcome Pal- I am from Hull too- bit different bands- always been in pop and soul bands, mostly.

My Pals dad owned Spiders- spent many a night in there. Played at the Adelphi more times than I can count-on with people like the Housemartins, Gargoyles, Happy Mondays, the Farm etc

Some video of me at the Adelphi on youtube- if you search for the Company Tines are Tough and there I am dancing in a strange stylee!![/quote]

Ha ha love the dancing ,a very housemartin / dexys vibe going on ,like it a lot and 87 was the same time i started playing live but never got up that way , good times though ! :)

[quote name='thumperbob 2002' post='1138147' date='Feb 23 2011, 08:28 AM']Welcome Pal- I am from Hull too- bit different bands- always been in pop and soul bands, mostly.

Some video of me at the Adelphi on youtube- if you search for the Company Tines are Tough and there I am dancing in a strange stylee!![/quote]

Ha ha love the dancing ,a very housemartin / dexys vibe going on ,like it a lot and 87 was the same time i started playing live but never got up that way , good times though ! :)

[quote name='bassgurumonster' post='1139298' date='Feb 23 2011, 10:11 PM']By the way, thanks for the greetings dudes , cheers, heres a stella down for you all!!!![/quote]

A free beer. I'm on my way. (what d'ya expect - I'm a Scot - LOL !!!) :lol: :) :D

Passed through Hull to the ferry port few times. That's it I'm afraid.

Welcome.
Dave from far away in Scotland.
:)

Edited by dmccombe7