Why become a member? ×

The Postman Knocked Twice Today

Cat Burrito

Having spent most of last year seriously downsizing I wasn't really looking to get new stuff. However my little mini rig, an Orange SP210 cab always needs to be put on a crate and the obvious solution seemed to be to flightcase it. I have flightcases on my big rig but I really wanted Orange laminate rather than the traditional black this time.

As luck would have it I came into some money at the weekend that I wasn't expecting. It cleared my credit card's recent hammering with a MOT, service and plummers bill. As a bonus there was enough left over to get a flightcase sorted. I went to Hi-Spec cases who left all other companies for dust. It arrived 36hrs within placing the order!

And as a further bonus I've been on a bit of a Beatles fixation for a while. I've had the Rickenbacker stage but like that early stuff too. So put in an order in Germany* for a little Hofner bass which was covered by the remaining cash. Great fun although the short scale is a challenge. Perhaps a little like riding a moped - Enjoyable stuff but I wouldn't want my mates to catch me on it! I occasionally do some soul, 60s poppy sessions with a mates band and I figured it would be useful for that. I'm well into my 60s Psych right now so it may yet venture out live.

*It's not hand made in Germany but I bought my Chinese Hofner from Thomann for that vintage vibe! :)

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='1121769' date='Feb 9 2011, 07:22 PM']And as a further bonus I've been on a bit of a Beatles fixation for a while.[/quote]

You'll probably not want to miss this then (from the Radio Times website):

[i][b]I Was There When the Beatles Played the Cavern[/b]

Wednesday 09 February
10:35pm - 11:35pm
ITV1 London

On February 9, 1961 The Beatles returned home to Liverpool from Hamburg, walked down the steps of a former underground warehouse, and played at The Cavern for the very first time. This fascinating documentary marks the 50th anniversary of that occasion, also recounting the story of Beatlemania and susbequent rise to international stardom of the Fab Four.
The venue which hosted the four local lads was filled in during construction of Merseyrail in 1973, but saw the likes of Queen, Elton John and Rod Stewart perform there. The famous location was subsequently rebuilt and now serves a purpose as a dual venue for up and coming bands as well as a tourist attraction. Contributors including Pete Best, Gerry Marsden, Willy Russell and Ken Dodd relive the heady days of the early 1960s.
[/i]