Why become a member? ×

Rick Danko teaches Bass.

beerdragon

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='1116761' date='Feb 5 2011, 05:46 PM']:)[/quote]
For the avoidance of doubt (and so as not to offend Dave!), I meant that from his slurred speech and ropey fretless playing it sounds like he had a drink or several before recording this video.

Bit sad really, like the Jaco instructional video which shows a man with problems

[quote name='Clarky' post='1116769' date='Feb 5 2011, 05:55 PM']For the avoidance of doubt (and so as not to offend Dave!), I meant that from his slurred speech and ropey fretless playing it sounds like he had a drink or several before recording this video.

Bit sad really, like the Jaco instructional video which shows a man with problems[/quote]
I could not possibly be offended by you Clarky. I am now drinking Polish lager.

[quote name='Clarky' post='1116956' date='Feb 5 2011, 08:04 PM']As an aside, I bought 'the brown album' by The Band on the advice of burritobass and rather like it (though I definitely have to be in the mood). Is it worth getting 'Music from the big pink' too or have I got the best one?[/quote]
Get Big Pink.

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='1116948' date='Feb 5 2011, 08:02 PM']Ah, well done.[/quote]

Sorry Dave, Michael, and I may well be wrong, but from what little I can see of his bass playing on that video it's another of his post-production overdubs. I don't think we're hearing what he actually played on stage that night.

I've never really forgiven The Band for what they did on The Last Waltz.

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='1116962' date='Feb 5 2011, 08:07 PM']Sorry Dave, Michael, and I may well be wrong, but from what little I can see of his bass playing on that video it's another of his post-production overdubs. I don't think we're hearing what he actually played on stage that night.

I've never really forgiven The Band for what they did on The Last Waltz.[/quote]
That'll be why I advised Big Pink and not Last Waltz.

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='1116962' date='Feb 5 2011, 08:07 PM']Sorry Dave, Michael, and I may well be wrong, but from what little I can see of his bass playing on that video it's another of his post-production overdubs. I don't think we're hearing what he actually played on stage that night.

I've never really forgiven The Band for what they did on The Last Waltz.[/quote]
Of course - it's common knowledge. It's still a great song, though.

FWIW, Rock Of Ages is the way to go. IMO.

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='1116962' date='Feb 5 2011, 03:07 PM']Sorry Dave, Michael, and I may well be wrong, but from what little I can see of his bass playing on that video it's another of his post-production overdubs. I don't think we're hearing what he actually played on stage that night.

What did they do on Last Waltz that needs forgiveness? (A straight question.)

tg