Why become a member? ×

:-( Broken.

Shockwave

Hey guys.

I bought this Pink eagle off of ebay a few weeks ago. Got it through the post after huge delays and this is what appeared when i opened the box.

Not sure what to do at the moment. But why does this sh*t allways happen to me? One day i would like to receive a bass that didnt need work on it when i recieve them.

Rob.

[quote name='Wil' post='127005' date='Jan 24 2008, 04:03 PM']No way! Was that USPS??! Looks like a job for Waghorn dude. I hope my Mock arrives ok...[/quote]

Usps to Parcel force, the box was well packed. with the headstock reinforced. No hard case though.

It was parcel forces end i am sure. It was stuck in their warehouse for a week at the depot because they couldnt be arsed to send a letter out to me saying it was there and i had to pay VAT.

And i cant claim because it doesant adhere to their packing standards.

[quote name='Machines' post='127009' date='Jan 24 2008, 04:08 PM']That might be repairable you know... tried giving a few workshops a call ?[/quote]

Its repairable i am sure. but i am just really unhappy right now. Dont feel like doing much. Every bass i have bought has had something wrong with it that i had to wait for months to be repaired.

[quote name='Shockwave' post='127007' date='Jan 24 2008, 04:05 PM']Usps to Parcel force, the box was well packed. with the headstock reinforced. No hard case though.

It was parcel forces end i am sure. It was stuck in their warehouse for a week at the depot because they couldnt be arsed to send a letter out to me saying it was there and i had to pay VAT.

And i cant claim because it doesant adhere to their packing standards.[/quote]

How did you find out Parcel Farce had it? Right bunch of c*nts, they are. Is there no way you can get compensation from them?

[quote name='Wil' post='127017' date='Jan 24 2008, 04:13 PM']How did you find out Parcel Farce had it? Right bunch of c*nts, they are. Is there no way you can get compensation from them?[/quote]

It was tracked at the depot last friday. So i assumed i would get the VAT letter or slip in the post on monday or tuesday, By today i still hadnt got it. So i marched down to the depot with all forms of ID and the consigment number and they finally let me have it.

No hardcase = No compensation.

OUCH! thats nasty, its always a worry having basses posted but its a risk you have to take and even a hard case doesn't entirely guarantee safety. did the packaging adhere to USPS regs? you're not to know for sure that it wasn't damaged by them rather than parcelfarce

looks like a nice pink bass too!!!

peace

c

[quote name='3V17C' post='127026' date='Jan 24 2008, 04:19 PM']OUCH! thats nasty, its always a worry having basses posted but its a risk you have to take and even a hard case doesn't entirely guarantee safety. did the packaging adhere to USPS regs? you're not to know for sure that it wasn't damaged by them rather than parcelfarce

looks like a nice pink bass too!!!

peace

c[/quote]

I am not sure, But tbh, i aint persuing it, I would get so little money it wouldnt be worth it. I am not even sure if its worth repairing. Its a cheaper NJ bolt on bass.

I am gonna get a repair quote in a minute. It's not so much the money, its the wait to have it repaired.

Rob.

Edited by Shockwave

[quote name='Wil' post='127038' date='Jan 24 2008, 04:32 PM']What's the possibility of whacking another neck on?[/quote]

Actually higher then usual. Theres a reverse headstock NJ neck on the bay at the moment. I have the money, Problem is i really wanted the matching Pink painted neck that the eagle has.

Anyway the baileys have the neck now so hopefully it will be done in a few months.

Rob.

What a depressing sight, hate to see guitars with these sort of injuries.

One of the many guitarists in the band that I'm playing with, was playing an epiphone with the same sort of damage the other night. He had carried out what seemed a very effective repair.

Let me know if you want me to get his number for you.

Just in case you do think of a repair, check out this wonderful repair job of what looks like the exact same thing by Steve Robinson in Manchester.

[url="http://www.manchesterguitartech.co.uk/repairs.html"]http://www.manchesterguitartech.co.uk/repairs.html[/url]

Just gives you hope that if you want it in its original state, and with the pink paintwork, he's at least one person that should be able to do it.

Ooooh, gutted, after all the fuss you had getting the number. I just had a bass shipped to my work address, had to agree with poster that I took risk limited to £50 cause it wasn't hardcased. Course, it was a bass I paid £50 for anyway, and it turned up fine. A glueing and clamping will sort it right out. How's the Bailey's work compare to TomWaghorn's? I've always had him do stuff for me, I kept checking in on progress of my thing and saw a Thunderbird having a headstock job done, looked spotlesss toward the end.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='127391' date='Jan 24 2008, 10:44 PM']Ooooh, gutted, after all the fuss you had getting the number. I just had a bass shipped to my work address, had to agree with poster that I took risk limited to £50 cause it wasn't hardcased. Course, it was a bass I paid £50 for anyway, and it turned up fine. A glueing and clamping will sort it right out. How's the Bailey's work compare to TomWaghorn's? I've always had him do stuff for me, I kept checking in on progress of my thing and saw a Thunderbird having a headstock job done, looked spotlesss toward the end.[/quote]

The baileys are fantastic, Very cheap, however you may not see your bass/guitar for many months, possibly years. You really have to chase them up. I was quoted 40 quid for the glue job and colour match.

Rob.

Parcel Arse should be delivering my BCR tomorrow - same as you, they tried to deliver yesterday but didn't bother putting a slip though the door to tell me, its only because I checked today I discovered it was sat awaiting £79 in customs charges at the depot. Cost me bloody £12 to have them redeliver tomorrow too! Buggers.

I just heard back, the joint has been fixed and glued, Though they are struggling trying to get a colour match, So i said to just paint a ring of black around where the crack happened, it will help hide the crack.

So i may get it back within a week! (Far earlier then i thought)

Heres some pics of it before it was sent to me.

Also i got a small amount of compensation which will go towards my new ironbird