Why become a member? ×

My Worst Nightmare...

TKenrick

When I was in college I left a huge A3 folder full of A level graphics coursework on the bus, and had gotten off the bus and got on the train to get to college before I realised I didn't have it with me... managed to get out of college, gfet back to town and check every bus of that number that came into the station. Got it back! It pulled in and was still sat where I'd left it, some 3 or 4 hours later... so fingers crossed it was clocked by someone honest!

[quote name='headofire' post='1099182' date='Jan 22 2011, 11:06 PM']lesson learnt the hard way.... sucks man. I once got off the train with all my stuff but left my prototype burns EUB (61!) on the train when i got off at clapham. I got it back...just. Everything crossed for you mate.[/quote]

Theres an echo in here !

Good luck mate, hope it turns up, unattended bagage might well get spotted.

Must feel orrible just now though, bet your mate feels like a tur d as well.

Really hope you get the bass back. I understand what you mean about it not being amoney issue, its a "that bass" issue. At least the guy has already offered to make good, so if worst case scenario it doesn`t turn up, you then don`t have that argument as well.

Wish you the best in this.

[quote name='MikanHannille' post='1099167' date='Jan 22 2011, 10:58 PM']Arghh. Can't even think on how would you able to forget something that big on the train. ~.~[/quote]

I've left a couple of things on trains in my time (not a bass though!) and both times they were things I wouldn't normally have with me. I suspect that's why so many umbrellas are left on trains. Most people don't carry them all the time, so when it's raining they grab the umbrella before leaving home then forget all about it on the train, even though they'd probably never forget their briefcase or handbag.

I wouldn't write-off getting the bass back just yet. It's Monday tomorrow and the lost property offices will be looking through all the stuff from the weekend. I agree with the other comments about phoning as many people as you can think of - lost property, the station he got off at, the last station on the line, the train company etc etc.

Best of luck - I really hope it turns up.

This story has also made me realise that I don't have any contact details in my bass case. I'm now going to put my mobile number inside it . . . just in case!!

[quote name='flyfisher' post='1099758' date='Jan 23 2011, 03:53 PM']This story has also made me realise that I don't have any contact details in my bass case. I'm now going to put my mobile number inside it . . . just in case!![/quote]

+1: Label everything. In my experience the vast majority of people are honest and if they can see a name and number will make the phone call. If there's no label what can they do? Just leave it or hand it in to someone.

Edited by Count Bassy

[quote name='Gust0o' post='1100136' date='Jan 23 2011, 09:19 PM']Any news on this one?

I have my fingers crossed for the OP. If it doesn't show, even the non-local people can help by keeping an eye on Gumtree, Ebay, etc.[/quote]

Yes +1 I was just thinking some pictures up on here asap would be a good idea the fact you were (he was) on a train means we all need to keep an eye out for it surely?

What train station was it lost at ? I see you are from our fair capital city. Not lost at a London station i hope?. Always better the smaller the town or city. Less cash converters and second hand shops to choose from.

[quote name='Count Bassy' post='1099774' date='Jan 23 2011, 04:14 PM']+1: Label everything. In my experience the vast majority of people are honest and if they can see a name and number will make the phone call. If there's no label what can they do? Just leave it or hand it in to someone.[/quote]

[b]Very[/b] good idea. Im putting a card inside my bass case right now. (with [i]"Reward offered for safe return of this bass"[/i] on it. A little cash never does any harm for a lost item) Not that the bass in my case is worth anything, but im hoping one day it might contain some nice piece :)

Edited by daz

Latest news is I have to wait until tomorrow when the lost property backlog from the weekend will have been processed - I've spoken to another BCer who works for south west trains and unfortunately there's nothing I can do to speed this up.

The bass was left on the service running between London Waterloo and Guildford on Friday night. Having checked lost property at Guildford on Friday night, it appears that the bass is most likely at Waterloo, unless someone has taken it...

So if any London/South East based people see a black Jap Precision with a maple neck and gold scratchplate and a badass bridge then please get in touch! It was travelling in a grey Protec Contego gig bag.

[attachment=69842:IMGP3692.JPG]

[quote name='TKenrick' post='1100535' date='Jan 24 2011, 10:44 AM']Latest news is I have to wait until tomorrow when the lost property backlog from the weekend will have been processed - I've spoken to another BCer who works for south west trains and unfortunately there's nothing I can do to speed this up.

The bass was left on the service running between London Waterloo and Guildford on Friday night. Having checked lost property at Guildford on Friday night, it appears that the bass is most likely at Waterloo, unless someone has taken it...

[attachment=69842:IMGP3692.JPG][/quote]

Are you sure it hasnt gone all the way down the line? Waterloo to guildford ends up at Portsmouth doesnt it?

Edited by bumnote

[quote name='bumnote' post='1100563' date='Jan 24 2011, 11:04 AM']Are you shure it hasnt gone all the way down the line? Waterloo to guildford ends up at Portsmouth doesnt it?[/quote]

The fast train goes all the way to Portsmouth, this was the slow one that only goes as far as Guildford.

[quote name='Gareth Hughes' post='1102450' date='Jan 25 2011, 05:58 PM']What - no juicy details? What happened? Prying minds (with feck all else to do) must know!!![/quote]

Not that many juicy details I'm afraid - was recording all morning, turned on phone during lunch break and got the good news. My friend went over to Waterloo to pick it up and delivered it to me. Needless to say he was massively apologetic about the whole thing and told me to never lend him anything ever again...

[quote name='MIJ-VI' post='1102522' date='Jan 25 2011, 06:37 PM']You owe karma a favour...[/quote]

I couldn't agree more.