Why become a member? ×

Feedback for WishICouldWalk

silverfoxnik

Hi Folks

Just done a deal with WishICouldWalk for my Lakland DJ5 (or should I say ex-DJ5) and it was a totally trouble free transaction.

He's a great guy to deal with...Not only did he throw in a few extras that I didn't expect, but was really punctual and kept in touch at all times which as had been said before on the Forum, makes all the difference when we're buying/selling/trading our precious hard-earned bass gear!

I know WishICouldWalk has some gear up for sale at the moment, so if you're interested in it, rest assured that he's a good person to deal with.

Thanks for everything Isaac, especially the hilarious text message and enjoy the Lakland :)

Cheers

Nik

I'm loving the bass. Possibly the bass to end all basses? I was going to ask whether the strings had 'Thieves of Sustain' written on the packet, but I cleaned them fast fret and after a couple of hours playing they're heaps better. I think this could be the intrument that inspires me to a new level.

It's been a pleasure dealing with you, I'll try to get down to one of your gigs soon.

:) :huh: ;) ;)

[quote name='WishICouldWalk' post='123772' date='Jan 20 2008, 01:04 PM']I'm loving the bass. Possibly the bass to end all basses? I was going to ask whether the strings had 'Thieves of Sustain' written on the packet, but I cleaned them fast fret and after a couple of hours playing they're heaps better. I think this could be the intrument that inspires me to a new level.

It's been a pleasure dealing with you, I'll try to get down to one of your gigs soon.

:) :huh: ;) ;)[/quote]
Glad to hear it's what you hoped for! Does fast fret work then - I always thought it was a bit of a con?

I'm going to change the pick ups over in the Jazz later today which will be interesting given my luddite knowledge of all things electric...See you soon and hope you managed to rearrange the date!! :huh:

Cheers

Nik

I don't normally use fast fret because I'm not really after a super bright sound and in any case, my fingers seem to get a slight reaction to it. I think due to the DJ not being used much, the strings had a buildup of that slightly sticky dust and the solvent in fast fret got rid of it. Basically, fast fret seems to me to be a solvent that doesn't smell horrible.

When changing the pickups, just be really careful when you lift the control plate because I think it's quite easy to break the wire that goes into the preamp - you'll see what I mean - there's a thick wire that goes straight into the circuit and that broke hence the original issue. I'm not sure what Bernie did to fix it. I'm sure it's all fine but dig around with caution. If my memory serves me correctly, either the Fender pickups are a fair bit deeper than the KSD's or it's the other way round - you may have to add or remove foam to get the Fenders to fit properly.

RE The date: I don't think she's going anywhere and as you said, man's got to get his priorities straight!

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='123791' date='Jan 20 2008, 01:38 PM']Glad to hear it's what you hoped for! Does fast fret work then - I always thought it was a bit of a con?

I'm going to change the pick ups over in the Jazz later today which will be interesting given my luddite knowledge of all things electric...See you soon and hope you managed to rearrange the date!! :)

Cheers

Nik[/quote]

Thanks for the advice - i will proceed with caution!

[quote name='WishICouldWalk' post='123818' date='Jan 20 2008, 02:21 PM']I don't normally use fast fret because I'm not really after a super bright sound and in any case, my fingers seem to get a slight reaction to it. I think due to the DJ not being used much, the strings had a buildup of that slightly sticky dust and the solvent in fast fret got rid of it. Basically, fast fret seems to me to be a solvent that doesn't smell horrible.

When changing the pickups, just be really careful when you lift the control plate because I think it's quite easy to break the wire that goes into the preamp - you'll see what I mean - there's a thick wire that goes straight into the circuit and that broke hence the original issue. I'm not sure what Bernie did to fix it. I'm sure it's all fine but dig around with caution. If my memory serves me correctly, either the Fender pickups are a fair bit deeper than the KSD's or it's the other way round - you may have to add or remove foam to get the Fenders to fit properly.

RE The date: I don't think she's going anywhere and as you said, man's got to get his priorities straight![/quote]

• 3 years later...

Feedback for a deal just concluded with Isaac - I purchased an EBS Microamp II. He was very easy to deal with and advised me of progress with shipping (which was from the UK to Estonia; extra kudos for being willing to ship to me here).

The pedal is just as described, was packaged well, and I couldn't be happier. Thanks Isaac! :)

• 10 years later...

I bought a bass off Isaac who was kind enough to get the bass delivered to me once I'd returned home after Christmas. 

Excellent communications throughout and a super bass that was even better than described. 

Highly recommended

Edited by Old Horse Murphy
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just bought a gorgeous Jazz bass from Isaac. He made everything super easy and was really acommodating in boxing it up for my courier to collect. Bass was exactly as described and i'm a very happy camper. Top BC'er and I would buy from him again with absolute confidence.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought an EBS speaker from Isaac to pair with one I already had.

Being in Brighton, he even took it to Bernie Goodfellow's basement to put it through its paces just to make sure there were no cab rattles, etc.

He packaged it incredibly well and posted it the following morning. It arrived the next day (luckily I was rehearsing the same night, so took it with me). It sounds fantastic, and all included, it was a great deal.

He has been a pleasure to deal with throughout, and I would have no hesitation in recommending him to anyone thinking of doing a deal with him.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Bought a TE Elf from Issac. Everything went as it should, posted quickly, packaged well and item just as described. Great comms and a pleasant fella to deal with too. I wouldn’t hesitate to deal with Issac again. Thanks again.

Cheers

Dunc

• Thanks 1