Why become a member? ×

New Ritters

Pete Academy

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='1080266' date='Jan 6 2011, 06:55 PM']I know these aren't to everyone's tastes, but I think they are the most stunning basses on the planet.

[url="http://www.ritter-instruments.com/available.php"]http://www.ritter-instruments.com/available.php[/url][/quote]

Not too keen on the body shapes but there are some truly fantastic finishes on some of those basses... :)

The guitar is the real design innovation there. The basses remains the same with various flamboyant finishes. As a company, they really know how to present their product well. I've still never seen one or played one, or seen one played in a band or on TV or anywhere and have no idea if they have a special sound character or not.

[quote name='Spoombung' post='1080321' date='Jan 6 2011, 07:44 PM']The guitar is the real design innovation there. The basses remains the same with various flamboyant finishes. As a company, they really know how to present their product well. I've still never seen one or played one, or seen one played in a band or on TV or anywhere and have no idea if they have a special sound character or not.[/quote]

Me neither.

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='1080328' date='Jan 6 2011, 07:48 PM']Me neither.[/quote]

It's possible their customers may be trophy, art collector types rather than players if you know what I mean. Strange they don't get played much or seem conspicuous in bands - unlike equally expensive basses such as Alembics and the like.

[quote name='Marvin' post='1080341' date='Jan 6 2011, 07:55 PM']For me, just no.

All that gold and glossy finishing, I'd always feel that if a Premiership footballer were to take up the bass this would be what he'd choose. *shudder*[/quote]

I know what you mean. They do look like something like the Beckhams or even Michael Jackson, bless him, would have picked up on a shopping trip.

Sort of Fabergé egg vibe...

[quote name='Spoombung' post='1080346' date='Jan 6 2011, 07:59 PM']I know what you mean. They do look like something like the Beckhams or even Michael Jackson, bless him, would have picked up on a shopping trip.

Sort of Fabergé egg vibe...[/quote]

I think you've hit it on the head there.

Each to their own though, just not for me.

I'm on their website just about every week having a drool :)
The Roya with the 9500year old Bog Oak body has been there for a few months. It has my name on it & I'm trying to save up for it but so far I only have 34p. :)

I've been considering stripping the chipped to bits body of my ibby & laquering it (been contemplating this for a couple of years & used to be a signwriter by trade) & after seeing the Grainflake finish have been tempted to do something similar.

[quote name='xgsjx' post='1080388' date='Jan 6 2011, 08:22 PM']The Roya with the 9500year old Bog Oak body has been there for a few months. It has my name on it & I'm trying to save up for it but so far I only have 34p. :)[/quote]

9500 years old?
Wow - that's incredible!

I love his work! Never seen or played one in the flesh mind. very exensive though. Maybe if I find out the fossils that I used to collect as a kid and inlay them in the fingerboards of my basses...Maple neck with 60 million year old sea urchin inlay - £10,000