Why become a member? ×

Bass bashes

bassjamm

Hi guys,

Just wondered whether there were any bass get togethers planned any time soon as i haven't spotted any threads on them...but i've not been on here too much lately!!!

So, anything planned?

Jam

EDIT BY PED: Bash details here [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=11857&hl="]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=11857&hl=[/url]

HI Jamie,

There is a bash being planned with Mike @ Bassdirect somewhere around Leamington Spa at the moment. I have however just asked for the contact details for the usual Northampton venue because it seemed a hit with everyone, so I will book it in due course for around March/April time to give everyone plenty of notice....

Does that sound OK with everyone?

Cheers
ped

[quote name='ped' post='122804' date='Jan 18 2008, 12:53 PM']HI Jamie,

There is a bash being planned with Mike @ Bassdirect somewhere around Leamington Spa at the moment. I have however just asked for the contact details for the usual Northampton venue because it seemed a hit with everyone, so I will book it in due course for around March/April time to give everyone plenty of notice....

Does that sound OK with everyone?

Cheers
ped[/quote]

Great News. I have only made the first ever one but will do my best to get to this one. March/April in Northampton is fine with me as its tried and tested!

Steve

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='122846' date='Jan 18 2008, 01:37 PM']Well organise one then. We had a successful London and South East bash last year even though I missed it :)[/quote]
+1

It's well worth doing.. At the SE Bash last August, I learnt a great deal, had a good laugh and made some good friends too.. plus got to try out loads of great basses and amps. :huh:

So, I'm definitely going to try to be at the one in Northampton which should be fine provided there's nothing absolutely unmoveable in the family/work diary. Perhaps some of us south coast Basschatters could travel up together?? I can get a bus for £55 per day + petrol that seats 10 people and would still have plenty of room for gear, if anyone's interested..

Nik

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='122867' date='Jan 18 2008, 02:17 PM']So, I'm definitely going to try to be at the one in Northampton which should be fine provided there's nothing absolutely unmoveable in the family/work diary. Perhaps some of us south coast Basschatters could travel up together?? I can get a bus for £55 per day + petrol that seats 10 people and would still have plenty of room for gear, if anyone's interested..

Nik[/quote]
Sounds like a cunning plan.

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='122867' date='Jan 18 2008, 02:17 PM']+1

It's well worth doing.. At the SE Bash last August, I learnt a great deal, had a good laugh and made some good friends too.. plus got to try out loads of great basses and amps. :)

So, I'm definitely going to try to be at the one in Northampton which should be fine provided there's nothing absolutely unmoveable in the family/work diary. Perhaps some of us south coast Basschatters could travel up together?? I can get a bus for £55 per day + petrol that seats 10 people and would still have plenty of room for gear, if anyone's interested..

Nik[/quote]

WOW A BASSCHAT BUS!!! We could do a roadshow and visit all corners of the UK handing out business cards and stickers!!

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='122867' date='Jan 18 2008, 02:17 PM']+1

It's well worth doing.. At the SE Bash last August, I learnt a great deal, had a good laugh and made some good friends too.. plus got to try out loads of great basses and amps. :)

Nik[/quote]
Do we have to sing Summer Holiday all the way? :huh:

[quote name='Machines' post='122863' date='Jan 18 2008, 02:14 PM']I did 2 bashes up th'north with you pie eating mild swilling folk :).[/quote]

Wasn't it BassJamm who won the pudding eating competition?? I think Homer had the pictures?

Following on from Nik's idea of a South of England bus, any of my fellow BCers oop ere in t'North West fancy thinking about the same idea?

Might be an idea to get a 12 seater or something, meet up at a convenient motorway services, and share the cost. Either that or car/van sharing?

Edited by Thunderthumbs