Why become a member? ×

Bongo bass sound

greyparrot

Scary but i nailed the awesome tone of the bongo. hope you like this close up of me playing to suspitious minds (live version) i re did this so the bass is well, almost too clear ;-O

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSdGwvPd9TQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSdGwvPd9TQ[/url]

Hope u like, and it gives you an idea of the awesome growl of the bongo. NO FX or compressor, just plugged into a little soundcraft mixer.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='1058863' date='Dec 14 2010, 07:19 PM']Crickey was the bassline that busy (doubled) all of the way through the song? I must have heard that song 100's of times and didn't realise it was so busy, though I can imagine the lift at the end being doubled like that.[/quote]

Thank you for all your comment! haha Warwickhunt, you are quite correct, i did double it all the way through, dunno why........Of course this is the live version, the studio one is very tame compared, but you r right i did go a little busy.!

[quote name='greyparrot' post='1059018' date='Dec 14 2010, 09:24 PM']Thank you for all your comment! haha Warwickhunt, you are quite correct, i did double it all the way through, dunno why........Of course this is the live version, the studio one is very tame compared, but you r right i did go a little busy.![/quote]

Phew, thought it was pretty shifting along! Nice mind. :)

[quote name='greyparrot' post='1058832' date='Dec 14 2010, 06:56 PM']Scary but i nailed the awesome tone of the bongo. hope you like this close up of me playing to suspitious minds (live version) i re did this so the bass is well, almost too clear ;-O[/quote]

Nice playing (as always). I prefer the tone in this clip over the last one, even though that was great. Did you use a different set up this time or is it just more upfront?

Hi Fellas thanks for the great comments! whats that sight you mentioned a few posts up? Bongo Gas, get one, best bass you will ever have!! hehe and i know i was a little busy throughout, but why not, its kina a bass demo as well! glad you all like it though. I was doing little string bends, like doing this, add a little more color i guess to the sound. Thank you all for these comments, makes me feel good! and i know you all are great players. Nothing like getting great compliments from fellow players! :-)

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1059619' date='Dec 15 2010, 02:58 PM']Nice playing (as always). I prefer the tone in this clip over the last one, even though that was great. Did you use a different set up this time or is it just more upfront?[/quote]

Hi all i did was take the bass plug it in my small soundcraft mixer and that was it, no fx or compression, so its the total natural sound of this bongo bass. It is very sensitive to play ie touch the string you get noise, which makes lines like this difficult to excute cleanly, but i have a compressor with a noise gate, although i was too lazy to use it here! hehe Ill check out that site. To the chap re tabs.......i would not wanna be the one writting out this tab! hehe

Ps i know my speling is bad, i cant see where the spell check is on here :-(

Edited by greyparrot

[quote name='greyparrot' post='1060434' date='Dec 16 2010, 11:39 AM']Ps i know my speling is bad, i cant see where the spell check is on here :-([/quote]

Your spelling is good enough, but if you right click in the text box you "should" get the option to spell check, depending on what browser you are using.