Why become a member? ×

London Bass Guitar Show 2011

urb

Guest LondonBassGuitarShow

[quote name='Sheldon Dingwall' post='1096396' date='Jan 20 2011, 02:36 PM']I was thinking. Any Dingwall owners coming to the show, email me your name and T-shirt size before March 6th and I'll make sure there's a T-shirt for you at the show.

Combustion owners: bring your bass and I'll install a B-booster kit for free. One potential problem - if this show is anything like NAMM there may be issues with bringing your bass into the show. I'll check into this. If you're driving we could do the upgrade in the lobby if you feel comfortable storing your bass in your car.[/quote]

If you wish to bring your own bass, please check it into reception :)

Guest LondonBassGuitarShow

[quote name='lancastercomputers' post='1083853' date='Jan 10 2011, 02:20 AM'][url="http://musiciansclassifieds.co.uk/m/events/view/London-Bass-Guitar-Show"]http://musiciansclassifieds.co.uk/m/events...ass-Guitar-Show[/url]

im looking forward to this

mark king !

12.50 on the web - 17.50 on the door :)[/quote]

Current line up
Mark King
TM Stevens
Geoff Gascoyne
Marco Mendoza
Gary Willis
Janek Gwizdala
Pascal Mulot

More tbc

I'm definitely gonna be there on the GK stand now Saturday and most of Sunday. :)

Sheldon, if you're near-by, I'd love to give a bass or two of yours a whirl through a GK rig. I had a quick play on a combustion recently but didn't really have a play with the settings. :)

I'm already saving up my pennies so that when something inevitably takes my fancy, I can come home with something shiny! Maybe I can persuade you, Sheldon to sell me a super J 5 for not a lot. :lol:

It's gonna be a long weekend, got a gig on the Friday, then travelling down to London Sat morning, leaving the show early on Sunday to go straight to a gig.

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='1115355' date='Feb 4 2011, 02:35 PM']I'm definitely gonna be there on the GK stand now Saturday and most of Sunday. :)

Sheldon, if you're near-by, I'd love to give a bass or two of yours a whirl through a GK rig. I had a quick play on a combustion recently but didn't really have a play with the settings. :)

I'm already saving up my pennies so that when something inevitably takes my fancy, I can come home with something shiny! Maybe I can persuade you, Sheldon to sell me a super J 5 for not a lot. :lol:

It's gonna be a long weekend, got a gig on the Friday, then travelling down to London Sat morning, leaving the show early on Sunday to go straight to a gig.[/quote]

Thom

Is Mike Cavarhlo on the stand at the show with you?

[quote name='Sheldon Dingwall' post='1096396' date='Jan 20 2011, 02:36 PM']I was thinking. Any Dingwall owners coming to the show, email me your name and T-shirt size before March 6th and I'll make sure there's a T-shirt for you at the show.

Combustion owners: bring your bass and I'll install a B-booster kit for free. One potential problem - if this show is anything like NAMM there may be issues with bringing your bass into the show. I'll check into this. If you're driving we could do the upgrade in the lobby if you feel comfortable storing your bass in your car.[/quote]

Again, this just goes to show how much you care about your customers. Bravo, sir :)

Not going to be able to go to the show though! London's my home town but I live 400 miles away.

Has anyone entered the competition to work as a demonstrator on the ampeg stand (and walk away with a 2k rig)

It states you have to upload a video demonstrating your playing, I guess they don't want you to show off just look like you could sell gear?

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='1115355' date='Feb 4 2011, 08:35 AM']I'm definitely gonna be there on the GK stand now Saturday and most of Sunday. :)

It's gonna be a long weekend, got a gig on the Friday, then travelling down to London Sat morning, leaving the show early on Sunday to go straight to a gig.[/quote]

I'm sure a demo through a GK rig could be arranged. I'd like to hear that actually I haven't tried any of their new stuff. Any purchase questions will have to be handled by one of our participating UK dealers. I'll be more than happy to help with technical, setup, tone or construction questions though.

[quote name='poptart' post='1116263' date='Feb 5 2011, 04:01 AM']Hi Sheldon, glad you made it on the UK Forum! We will have a good selection of Dingwall basses on Dass Direct stand so some and say hi to myself and Sheldon, try out some gear and have a chat ;-)

Mark[/quote]

I'm looking forward to it. You've got probably the best Dingwall selection of any dealer in the world. You'd have to go to a NAMM show to compare so many of our models in one place.

What kind of weather can you expect that time of year?

Edited by Sheldon Dingwall

[quote name='lojo' post='1116725' date='Feb 5 2011, 05:12 PM']Has anyone entered the competition to work as a demonstrator on the ampeg stand (and walk away with a 2k rig)

It states you have to upload a video demonstrating your playing, I guess they don't want you to show off just look like you could sell gear?[/quote]
Having worked on exhibition stands in the past trust me when I say that they're not giving this rig away, you'll be working for your prize and then some. Still a nice payoff nonetheless.

[quote name='Sheldon Dingwall' post='1116889' date='Feb 5 2011, 07:36 PM']I'm looking forward to it. You've got probably the best Dingwall selection of any dealer in the world. You'd have to go to a NAMM show to compare so many of our models in one place.

What kind of weather can you expect that time of year?[/quote]

Sheldon

Thank you ;-)

The weather could be freezing cold or very mild - this is the UK after all, we have no idea :)

Mark

Edited by poptart

[quote name='poptart' post='1116988' date='Feb 5 2011, 08:25 PM']The weather could be freezing cold or very mild - this is the UK after all, we have no idea :)[/quote]
And neither do the weather forecasters. Best to be prepared for all eventualities from snow to blazing sunshine. As the exhibition hall will be nice and warm you can bet it'll really cold out so that you have to strip off once you're there :)

Looking forward to finally getting my hands on a Dingwall.

A couple of days a go, I got a call from Mike Walsh of The Purple-Chili.

The cabs are being re-launched with different specs and a very different exterior. Customer feedback has driven this ...even to re-doing the logo! They are due to make their first official appearance at the Guitar Nation show at the NEC in May. However, I've suggested that he gets an early production cab down to our stand for this show and Mike's going to try and do that.

Meanwhile, there's just a few of the original versions left in our stock and we are clearing them at silly prices, in case you are interested.