Why become a member? ×

Am I insane to like this?

karlfer

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='1056573' date='Dec 12 2010, 09:16 PM']if it's neck heavy get better tuner[/quote]
But... can you get better tuners that "Schaller Kluson Key" tuners? :)

This is someone's bitsa project, isn't it? Is J.Arthur Palmer rhyming slang?

Jon.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='1056621' date='Dec 12 2010, 09:34 PM']But... can you get better tuners that "Schaller Kluson Key" tuners? :)

This is someone's bitsa project, isn't it? Is J.Arthur Palmer rhyming slang?

Jon.[/quote]

MB1. :lol:
J.Arthur Rank is! :)

[quote name='Soloshchenko' post='1056721' date='Dec 12 2010, 10:31 PM']It was all going well until I saw the close up of the headstock holes....

And then I puked![/quote]

That's a bit unfair. :)

There's loads of stuff you could use the holes for like errrrmmmm...
Hmmmm....

Hanging baskets next summer!

I really like it, i'm even quite a big fan of the split pick guard, means it'll be easier to get to the electronics. Okay, the chicken beak knobs are rubbish and the holes in the headstock are awwwwful but atleast the knobs can be replaced. And if you're REALLY that much of a hater of the holes in the headstock, you could get some matching grade maple and fill it in. Would leave quite a cool effect on the headstock too I think :)

But... I'd only pay £200, maybe £250 maximum for it

[quote name='icastle' post='1057457' date='Dec 13 2010, 04:11 PM']J.A.P ? :)[/quote]
Don't think so. C.H.I.N.E.S.E, probably.

As a bass I like it, it's quite striking, not too fussed on the holes or chickenheads - but as has been said, it's a £200 project bitsa.

Buy some bits & make your own!

J.

I'm still smirking about the J.Arthur Rank.
Thought I was the only one old enough to remember that one.
Karl.

PS, Mart.

Thanks very much for the full version of God gave Rock and Roll to you. :) :) :lol:

Argent In Deep, fantastic album, sadly long gone the with 300 plus other big bits of vinyl. How could I have been so stupid?

Edited by karlfer

[quote name='karlfer' post='1057821' date='Dec 13 2010, 08:56 PM']I'm still smirking about the J.Arthur Rank.
Thought I was the only one old enough to remember that one.
Karl.

PS, Mart.

Thanks very much for the full version of God gave Rock and Roll to you. :) :) :lol:

Argent In Deep, fantastic album, sadly long gone the with 300 plus other big bits of vinyl. How could I have been so stupid?[/quote]

Glad you liked it - I'm not a fan myself, but I thought the guitar was appropriate.

[quote name='spinynorman' post='1059393' date='Dec 15 2010, 11:18 AM']J Arthur Palmer could be a very very subtle multi-layered pun. You need to start with J Arthur Rank and then work hard on the PALMer bit.

or it could just be the guy's name.[/quote]

Palm er, gotcha!
Stop this smut now :)
Karl.