Why become a member? ×

Genz-Benz Streamliner

Musicman20

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1035950' date='Nov 25 2010, 09:47 AM']If this is basically the Genz version of the MB Walkabout, I can see it selling very well.

We shall see. Despite my initial reactions with a Shuttle 9.0, im tempted by one at the moment.[/quote]

Stop fooling yourself and buy the 9.0 already! You know you want it! And you know that's what is going to happen! :)

[quote name='Mog' post='1036174' date='Nov 25 2010, 12:13 PM']900 watts @ 8ohms? why? this micro head thing is turning into a cock measuring contest IMO. sure it fits in a gigbag, but I havent come across too many cabs that can be carted around easily and require that much juice.[/quote]

That was a typo from the TB'r poster. He emended it, it's 500W@8ohm / 900W@4ohm, just like the STL-9.0, in fact they're both equipped with the same class-D power amp :)

[quote name='Mog' post='1036220' date='Nov 25 2010, 12:33 PM']A bit more managable for a 1x12 then.[/quote]

The hard part is to find 1x12"ers capable of handling that power (can't remember more that Markbass cabs or the Barefaced Midget T, both 600W@8ohm).
I'm going to use a STL-12T (300W) cab with my arriving 9.0 but i'm aware of the risks.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1036687' date='Nov 25 2010, 06:06 PM']As for the Walkabout thing, one of the things that makes the Walkabout what it is is the tube that drives the power stage (in addition to the pre-tubes). It's a fairly unique thing.[/quote]

Aye, I think the talkbass crowd might be expecting too much out of it. Its probably more voiced towards a market contender against the RH450.