Why become a member? ×

SOLD sold sold sold

JMT3781

Now i have an original 70's P, i can move this on.

Its a fender "made in japan" jazz in surf green i think. The serial number is J followed by six digits, which indicates it was made in 1989/1990. The bass has been set up nicely, with a low action and sounds great! The pickup screws are a little bit rusty, so dont move fully up unfortunately. Bass has been cleaned up and strung with new rotos. the body has a few dings, the neck is fairly good for a 20 year old bass.

theres a stamp on the neck that says 62 ri, so i think its a 62 reissue?

The pickguard has got holes in it for a pickup cover, but the body hasn't... so i don't really know whats going on there...

Don't really know what its worth, have searched through the marketplace on here and they seem to have gone between 700 and 325 pounds...

[url="http://www.fender.com/support/colorchart.php?show=green&color=41"]http://www.fender.com/support/colorchart.p...en&color=41[/url] - closest color thats similar on fender colour chart

So lets say 475? but i'll listen to offers :)

payment can be cash or paypal, i can post for 20 quid, comes with a fender gigbag, probably not original.

James

Edited by JMT3781

I think you may be right there, but the light in my pics is a bit shoddy, I'll try and take some better ones If the light is good outside tommorrow. There is a definate greeny kinda twinge to it.

As to trades, I'm sorry, I need some cash back after this weeks spending spree :)

[quote name='Macko1968' post='1014588' date='Nov 6 2010, 06:16 PM']Looks like sonic blue to me, sea foam is the middle colour in this piccy;

[/quote]

I'd say surf green, assuming it is slightly green, otherwise it's sonic blue. Definitely not sea foam green, not least because that's not a fender colour. Foam green (no sea) was a fender custom colour, similar to the middle one of those three telecasters, but not quite as brilliant, more like the green on old Morris minors.

Edited by P-T-P

Surf Green is really difficult to capture (especially for camera phones etc.) and turns out different in every shot. Looking at the OP I'd say it is definitely not Sea Foam but somewhere between Surf Green and Sonic Blue. :)

If I may, here's a couple Surf Greens I made earlier (same paint source)... the second pic is a truer representation... the third shows how the same guitars can come across more blue.

[attachment=63197:pingray058.jpg] [attachment=63196:ou7shined_53_P.jpg] [attachment=63195:pingray049.jpg]

This is Literally what Ive been looking for, a green japan made jazz bass....why now do I have to be SOOO broke :)

free bump for utter craving

the worst is im one train from walsall...ARRRRGGGGH

someone, buy my westone and ric copy NOW, then I cud sell a leg and have this

Edited by skippy_moogoose

[quote name='umcoo' post='1015285' date='Nov 7 2010, 02:18 PM']James,

do you know if this is the 'US' version with the alder body and 'US' pickups? Cheers[/quote]

ermm not really sure mate.. dont really know much about the Jap fenders. Is there anyway i can check?

[quote name='skippy_moogoose' post='1015272' date='Nov 7 2010, 02:00 PM']This is Literally what Ive been looking for, a green japan made jazz bass....why now do I have to be SOOO broke :)

free bump for utter craving

the worst is im one train from walsall...ARRRRGGGGH

someone, buy my westone and ric copy NOW, then I cud sell a leg and have this[/quote]

i'm gonna make it worse for you, and say that if you are in brmingham, chances are i would have delivered it...

hahaha!