Why become a member? ×

What do you guys think of my Guitar?

Schnozzalee

Hi BCers,

Just wanted to see what you make of my recent addition to my collection in late August of this year, I've wanted one since I was four having found it on a picture inside a cassette. Theres only 20 of this type made by Grover Jackson of Jackson Charvel Guitars so I had to import it from the US - this is the last one on sale:

[url="http://www.musik-schmidt.de/gb-Charvel-Star-Legacy-1H-Gold-Bolt-SALE-.html"]http://www.musik-schmidt.de/gb-Charvel-Sta...Bolt-SALE-.html[/url]

I received a DVD of the workshops activities and interviews from San Dimas Los Angeles plus a signed check list and C.O.A - all the Luthiers now work for Fender or Jackson's Custom Shop.

I'm threatened with having to sell it (I won't!!) this is only part of the reason I've put it up, I'm more intrigued as to your first impression/knowledge of the guitar/company...

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='997035' date='Oct 22 2010, 01:45 PM']I like Charvel, but that is pretty wrong looking unless you have invented a way to travel back to the 80's and are planning on taking it there with you.[/quote]

Haha I just thought it would look good with a Tampa Bay Buccaneers shirt...or the Ziggy Stardust/David Bowie Facepaint. I was initially going to have it stripped and have a budweiser graphic put on but I grew to really like it.

[quote name='martthebass' post='998436' date='Oct 23 2010, 08:07 PM']Nicely mental....

The guitarist I've worked with for the last 15 years had gone through literally dozens of guitars in that time. However, one thats always stayed close and been used on most gigs is a US Charvel white strat shaped neck thru thing. Must be good then.[/quote]

Aww thats lovely to hear!! They based they're necks on measurements from a '64 Fender Strat, I think thats their best feature, although theres some dispute between whether Charvel or Ibanez necks are the best, comfort wise the Charvel wins but I guess speed wise Ibanez is on top (I've owned both previously). I don't think they made many thru necks, mainly bolt on hot rods for punchy chords and strat tone style solos whilst nicking the Gibson bridge humbucker - for classic rockers the crunch is fantastic. I owned the P/P Star bass which was ok, but the reissue series wasn't the best quality to be frank. They make fantastic custom tele basses but the guitar tone is particularly unique and very recognisable...to me anyway, easy as telling between a Precision or Jazz bass.

[quote name='Schnozzalee' post='996962' date='Oct 22 2010, 12:49 PM']Hi BCers,

Just wanted to see what you make of my recent addition to my collection in late August of this year, I've wanted one since I was four having found it on a picture inside a cassette. Theres only 20 of this type made by Grover Jackson of Jackson Charvel Guitars so I had to import it from the US - this is the last one on sale:

[url="http://www.musik-schmidt.de/gb-Charvel-Star-Legacy-1H-Gold-Bolt-SALE-.html"]http://www.musik-schmidt.de/gb-Charvel-Sta...Bolt-SALE-.html[/url]

I received a DVD of the workshops activities and interviews from San Dimas Los Angeles plus a signed check list and C.O.A - all the Luthiers now work for Fender or Jackson's Custom Shop.

I'm threatened with having to sell it (I won't!!) this is only part of the reason I've put it up, I'm more intrigued as to your first impression/knowledge of the guitar/company...[/quote]
Are you planning on a reformation of the Glitter Band :)

Haha, me and Cetera seem to be on the exact same wavelength when it comes to gear :) . I didn't mind the glitter band too much until all the baggage that came with it...erm but I'd probably be looking to John Birch were I to play his music - not sure it would go down well but after couple o buds and i'd give it a bash!! Chris Holmes is the exact reason I got it, just needed the Budweiser graphic and i'd be sorted, been listening to WASP since I was 4 and wore out my dads Crimson Idol tape. ahh how sad :lol: , going to see em in November

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Schnozzalee' post='1002615' date='Oct 27 2010, 02:53 PM']Haha, me and Cetera seem to be on the exact same wavelength when it comes to gear :) . I didn't mind the glitter band too much until all the baggage that came with it...erm but I'd probably be looking to John Birch were I to play his music - not sure it would go down well but after couple o buds and i'd give it a bash!! Chris Holmes is the exact reason I got it, just needed the Budweiser graphic and i'd be sorted, been listening to WASP since I was 4 and wore out my dads Crimson Idol tape. ahh how sad :) , going to see em in November[/quote]
WOW wilder than my gold paisley tele, bit ott even for me, bet it looks and plays the biz on stage though! Remember if you like it that's all that matters ..... i'm just looking for some Tush...