Why become a member? ×

What the hell is this?

Delberthot

Just listed my Chorus pedal on Ebay and this came up:

[quote]Attention sellers:

Are you attempting to list a counterfeit or non-authentic item? Are you aware the listing of such items is not allowed on eBay?

If you continue, your listing will be flagged and promptly reviewed. If your listing appears to offer a counterfeit or non-authentic item, it will be ended and your eBay account could be suspended. We may also refer your listing to the relevant company or law enforcement for review.

If the item is authentic, we encourage you to provide more information in your listing. If it comes with a Certificate of Authenticity or has a serial number please state this in your listing.

We appreciate your help making eBay an even safer place to trade.

Warning: Do not click the submit button, unless you know the item is authentic.[/quote]

Anyone else had this before? It seems a bit heavy handed, especially considering my feedback score.

ooo ebay is a scary place
my friend invested in a G system for his guitar
got it and it felt really light, turned out to be an empty box

one of the people in the storage place or packaging place or whatever stole it and everything!
he got a full refund, but one very fine multi effects pedal has disappeared :)

[quote name='Delberthot' post='991256' date='Oct 17 2010, 04:23 PM']Just listed my Chorus pedal on Ebay and this came up:

...[/quote]

Yeah I get that all the time when I list something with a brand name in it. Nothing to be worried about.

I had it once while trying to sell some of the wife's jewellery. It was genuine Tiffany stuff but the warning came up. Not long after ebay suspended my account.

They were incredibly unhelpful and stubborn when I tried to sort it out and eventually I just opened a new account.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='992310' date='Oct 18 2010, 03:29 PM']Behrinhger? :-)[/quote]

You might laugh, but it relates to known "parallel" production. "X" factory, based in China, is commissioned to produce 10,000 units of "Y" product for "Z" brand. "X" instead produces 15,000 units, 10,000 of which are given official serials, 5,000 of which are not given serials, or are allocated "unauthorised" serials, having been approached by "A" distributor, a holding of front "corporation". "X" takes a cash payment and then exports the 5,000 unauthorised units through an offshore intermediary, based in Taiwan, where the goods are circulated to, mostly, Internet-based "retailers". Up to this point it's exactly what you imagine, a money laundering or directly criminal concern, but here's the little stroke of genius - the "retailers" expect people to be suspicious of large purchases, but not suspicious of small purchases, so concentrate their efforts manufacturing high street brands, of the size and nature that the average (wo)man in the street wouldn't even think to stop to consider the aunthenticity of when purchasing. In this area eBay are most usually acting on the latest advise from the relevant criminal investigation authorities.

[quote name='noelk27' post='994016' date='Oct 19 2010, 07:51 PM']You might laugh, but it relates to known "parallel" production. "X" factory, based in China, is commissioned to produce 10,000 units of "Y" product for "Z" brand. "X" instead produces 15,000 units, 10,000 of which are given official serials, 5,000 of which are not given serials, or are allocated "unauthorised" serials, having been approached by "A" distributor, a holding of front "corporation". "X" takes a cash payment and then exports the 5,000 unauthorised units through an offshore intermediary, based in Taiwan, where the goods are circulated to, mostly, Internet-based "retailers". Up to this point it's exactly what you imagine, a money laundering or directly criminal concern, but here's the little stroke of genius - the "retailers" expect people to be suspicious of large purchases, but not suspicious of small purchases, so concentrate their efforts manufacturing high street brands, of the size and nature that the average (wo)man in the street wouldn't even think to stop to consider the aunthenticity of when purchasing. In this area eBay are most usually acting on the latest advise from the relevant criminal investigation authorities.[/quote]

In this scenario, the fakes are the same quality and specification as the real thing. I don't believe this to be the case for many bass fakes. Just look at the horrible pictures of so called "Rickenbacker"s on TradeTang.com. And Rickenbacker isn't getting Chinese factories to make official Rickenbackers.