Why become a member? ×

Sign of the times?

Count Bassy

As in the title and description really. A 'serious' ampliflier (alright only 200W continuous, but 2000W peak) 'serious' cab not getting £200?

Is this due to

hard times?
the rise of light weight kit?
The general downer some people have on Marshall bass kit?
It being collect only in Weston Super Mare?

Any other ideas?

Please note that I am not and have no connection with, the seller.

Just curious because if I'd not just got myself a DBS 7400, and it wasn't in Weston Super Mare I would probably have bid for it myself.

Edited by Count Bassy

This is seriously good gear. It is indeed the sign of the times. I've seen stuff going at silly prices on ebay and on Basschat, as everyone is skint. It only takes one person to offload their gear at a daft price and everything else follows.

Also, working in a shop, the main question I get from bass players is: 'I'm sick of lugging my heavy bass gear around.'

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='976276' date='Oct 3 2010, 06:45 PM']This is seriously good gear. It is indeed the sign of the times. I've seen stuff going at silly prices on ebay and on Basschat, as everyone is skint. It only takes one person to offload their gear at a daft price and everything else follows.[/quote]

Agreed. Noticed this on Thursday or Friday. Great bit of kit for 200 quid. The DBS's I've come across have been top notch. Killer tones and plenty loud.
One for the Muse fanboys to snap up.

Think its the introduction of light gear that could be putting people off. My DBS 7400 is a great amp, but it is on the heavy side.
Plus, when you factor in things like the Hartke LH500 that can be bought new - therefore with warranty - for under £300, a lot of folk may decide to go down that route, get a bit of security with their purchase.

Gotta say tho, my 7400, through my Marshall VBC412 is incredibly loud. Bear in mind I`m not even using it at the 400 watts into 2 ohms, I can`t have it on more than 3 in pub gigs where the pub holds 150+ people.