Why become a member? ×

AMPEG SVT 806HE bass cab 4 ohm 400 watts

Chimike

Continuing my Bass cull, I'm selling my Ampeg 8 x 6 bass cab, Great if you're doing pub sized gigs, and don't want to lug your huge Ampeg 8 x 10 in there ! Cab is 4 ohms, and can be used with, or without it's tweeter. It's on wheels, and has a top handle, so, although not light, is easy to move around, and goes through doorways easily . It's also an ideal cab if you double on guitar, great guitar sound. Cab is in lightly used condition, couple of small marks, and is £245 collected west Sussex
Now, I won't use carriers, so cab is for collection, however, I do sometimes travel with my work, and am willing to help with delivery for the cost of the diesel where I can.
[attachment=59764:DSCF0547.JPG]
[attachment=59765:DSCF0546.JPG]
[attachment=59766:DSCF0545.JPG]
[attachment=59767:DSCF0544.JPG]

Edited by Chimike

[quote name='algmusic' post='969383' date='Sep 27 2010, 12:44 PM']what is the handling?[/quote]

Thanks for asking, I've edited the header to the correct cab designation, SVT 806HE and added the 400 watts note.
The speakers are actually 6.5 inches in dameter.

[quote name='bassmeg' post='969949' date='Sep 27 2010, 07:52 PM']CULL! What are you up to Mike? You have the nicest collection i have ever seen. You have some superb gear aswell. Dont hesitate to deal with this man!

BTW, keeping the Arias? :)[/quote]

Aria...s, surely you mean Aria...............my wife thinks I only have one !

Yep, love 'em !

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1176357' date='Mar 25 2011, 06:53 PM']Haha I've decided to save for a RH450 so other stuff is out the window for the near future.[/quote]

Still owe you a DB PUP mate, feel free to collect any time, or I can drop it in the post

I popped into the offending store yesterday and didn't feel so threatened by it. Perhaps you've tamed it? Wayne PD, the Bass Whisperer.....

C

• 5 weeks later...

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1210083' date='Apr 24 2011, 03:23 PM']A Kent consortium, that'd be interesting.[/quote]

I could do with a bigger rig occasionally..but it could be a lot of money put aside for little useage...if you could offset this with a rig share...hmmm..might be an idea.

FWIW..I need a 6x10... but have been thinking about getting a Aguilar 115 and 2x10 as that would still fit in my car... and do the same sort of job...
Expensive for a secondary backup rig though, just for me.

sorry for the hijack..but it is a bump

• 2 months later...

Best thing to do ,is come and try it. Probably better coupled with a 15, but not absolutely sure. I don't belt my gear, to find out how loud it will go, so no expert. Easy for me to set it up for trial, but remember, it's 4 ohms. I do have amps that run at 2 ohms, and I also have a Trace elliot 2 x 250 (real ) watts RA500 power amp, that I used to use when I was bi-amping, usually out-of doors , so, plenty of options to try. BTW, I'm really into retro bass gear, it's a sickness of mine !
My guess is that Ampeg built this as a smaller version of the 8 x 10 , to be used in more normal sized venues, rather than Stadiums. Just a guess !

Thanks.
I've got an oldish peavey T max that runs at 2 ohm, I just fancied taking it out now and again for the odd outdoor gig.
I've been using compact lightweight Markbass gear for a few years now and, sometimes, I bizarrely hanker for a big heavy rig behind me....stupid I know.