Why become a member? ×

why do euro spectors hold thier price/are american ones better?

ziggydolphinboy

the topic says it all!!
i have a euro lx 4,
with the chech tonepump in it and its beutiful, its an old one so it has solid maple wings.
just wondered why second hand a fives are still worth 800 to a grand as a basic model and are they woorth the money ?
(seeing as there are shukers,yamahas etc from 500 to 13000 quid on here)

ha now im asking are the american spectors that much better?

Edited by ziggydolphinboy

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='955368' date='Sep 13 2010, 08:54 PM']..... To be honest though, you could replace the pound sign with US$ for what they go for in the states.[/quote]

You could say that about most U.S made gear. We pay an awful lot over the top for U.S made stuff, IMO and some people seem to artifically raise the prices even higher and use this as a covering tactic.. IMO

[quote name='JTUK' post='955737' date='Sep 14 2010, 09:29 AM']You could say that about most U.S made gear. We pay an awful lot over the top for U.S made stuff, IMO and some people seem to artifically raise the prices even higher and use this as a covering tactic.. IMO[/quote]

...and make out it some kind of 'high earners only boutique gear' when in the USA its the same price as something tha most players can afford.

+1

Why do they hold their price?

Well, actually they hold their OLD price. The new RRP on current Euro 4's and 5's is well into the mid £1000's so a used one for £750 to £1000 is about right for a superbly made, incredibly comfortable and stunning sounding bass.... :)

Edited by cetera

[quote name='davidmpires' post='957167' date='Sep 15 2010, 01:25 PM']They do hold their value, but are slow to shift I'm trying to sell mine and have yet to get offers.[/quote]

There seems to be a lack of money out there for anything over £2-300 at the moment mate.... be patient :)

Out of half a dozen basses I've sold over the past 3-4 years (one of which was a Rebop 5, just to stay in touch with the topic), only 1 went to a UK buyer. The rest went to France, Spain, Italy and more recently Australia, where they seem to have money to burn.

If I was looking for another Spector, it would be a Czech one. I couldn't see anything lacking in the Rebop that a US build could make that much better.

Edited by spinynorman