Why become a member? ×

It's Sadowsky day in the house of mole :)

molan

So this wasn't planned to coincide at all but I received two NYC Sadowskys within 15 minutes of each other today!

A very nice trans white J arrived from Denmark to be followed soon after by very deep & rich Dakota red custom P (with matching headstock). This one came all the way from Australia in record time & without a single mark on the box - the delivery man didn't believe it had come that far in such perfect condition.

The P bass has a 'mid' sized nut profile of 1.625" which is bang in the middle of a regular Sadowsky J & P. I struggle a bit with 1.75" nut widths and, although it doesn't sound like a huge amount, that slight reduction works much better for me. It also has a plain fretboard with no markers - this looks much nicer in the flesh than in my hastily taken photos!

It also has a D-Tuner and full Sadowsky active circuit with passive option and VTC.

The J meanwhile is an older model in a pale trans white with the original Sadowsky active circuit, a flick switch for passive & without the VTC.

Necks are slightly different profiles and they certainly sound quite different. Both balance really well - I'm always worried with Sadowsky necks as quite a few I've tried have had some neck dive. However both of these two are great and both are nice and light as well :)

I'll try and get some better pics in daylight & without flash :rolleyes:

[quote name='7string' post='947745' date='Sep 6 2010, 10:35 PM']Looks like today was a good day :)[/quote]

It really was a complete fluke that they arrived together!

Been playing them a little back to back tonight.

The P has an outrageous amount of output, most powerful active circuit I've ever come across.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='947769' date='Sep 6 2010, 10:49 PM']Now if you put the J pups in the P body and change the colour, you'd have my perfect individual bass... Ah that's very close to Clarky's bass! :)

Very nice Barrie, wish we lived a whole lot closer so that I could try some of the cracking basses that you have. :rolleyes:[/quote]

I have already been scouting out prices of routing the P for a J pickup in the bridge but so far it sounds much nicer than I thought it would just with the P in there.

My scales say they both weigh 8.5 lbs too. . .

I am a little bit out in the middle of nowhere, only a few bass playing compadres around here (although one lives less than a mile away!)