Why become a member? ×

Fodera Victor Wooten '83 Monarch Classic.

flippyfloop

I love this bass and it's by far the best bass I've ever owned or played.
Due to financial peril at present I may have to sell it :)
Just wanna see if there is any interest at present.
It's a Fodera Victor Wooten '83 Monarch Classic 4 string, Mahogany body / Burl top, Maple neck with rosewood fingerboard, EMG's and Mike Pope pre. Made in 2005.
The neck and condition is superb. Was like new when I bought it two years ago and has been very well looked after.
There are a few knots of wood on the burl top that have been filled and are noticable on close inspection. I would like to get these redone at some point. It's a minor thing but on a bass as perfect as this, I kind'a wanted to get them sorted.
I cannot stress how amazing this bass plays and sounds. I'm not a rich person and had to go all out to buy it. I'm sure I'll regret selling it and everybody I know is advising me against selling it. They get more expensive every year so a great investment.

£4,100. ( Was £4,300 )

I think this is a very fair price for a Fodera. Bassgear.co.uk have a pre-owned for £6,999 !

I'm firm on the price as I cannot justify letting this go for less.

PM me if you are interested.

Cheers.

The offending filled bit ! My flash has made this look a hundred times worst than in the flesh. But at least it's not being hidden, for sure !

Edited by flippyfloop

>There are a few knots of wood on the burl top that have been filed and are noticable on close inspection.

What on earth do you mean?

(This bass would have been flawless leaving the makers.)

Also, does it have ramp by any chance?

Visog

I know what you mean. I was shocked to see the fills. Every luthier that I've spoken to has informed me that it's nigh on impossible to find a piece of this burl without holes.
Like I said, it does distract from a perfect bass, hence the price.
No ramp at present although I'm waiting for one to be built. Will include it of course.

Edited by flippyfloop

[quote name='Hutton' post='946266' date='Sep 5 2010, 03:40 PM']Honestly, what is the point of posting here with a 'feeler' for a bass of this type and price without any pics. Are you just messing about?[/quote]
I agree that I would like to see pics but only to be nosey and anyone seriously interested in gear of this price level only need a nod that its available its never going to be done via paypal on this site like a £150 squier.So +1 no need to be rude!

These are just amazing basses :)

I'm really surprised by those flaws in the finish - has it always been like this or have you noticed deterioration over time?

Is this a regular Monarch with an upgraded top or a Victor Wooten Signature?

Also - just for reference, a 'pre-owned' Fodera is a very different beast from any other manufacturer's previously played stock.

They remove every single piece of hardware & all the electronics, they then totally go over the surface finish to ensure it's absolutely immaculate & fit brand new hardware and the very latest version of their electronics & pickups.

I've seen two of these 'pre-owned' basses and they look like a brand new bass without the slightest mark anywhere on the body - usual Fodera level of craftsmanship of course!

Doesn't detract from yours (and it seems a fair price to me) but it does show why their 'pre-owned' basses are relatively high priced. Ones I've seen in the US seem to sell for maybe 15% - 20% less than a brand new one, mostly because they are indistinguishable from new but also because a new one carries a 24 month build time.

Edited by molan

I'm sure Andre will not mind me chipping in, but I've seen this particular bass in person and it really does look as a good as in the pictures - no joke.l It just looks unspeakably lush (down to that incredible neck joint!) and I genuinely only noticed the filled in knots when he pointed them out to me, and even then they just seemed to look part of the finish. I really wouldn't have noticed otherwise.

Mike
:)

[quote name='Rayman' post='946547' date='Sep 5 2010, 07:15 PM']Well said that man.[/quote]

Just a post to offer apologies for my earlier nonsense. I got what I deserved and regret my post. All the best with the sale!

[quote name='Hutton' post='946617' date='Sep 5 2010, 08:13 PM']Just a post to offer apologies for my earlier nonsense. I got what I deserved and regret my post. All the best with the sale![/quote]

Good man - we all say stuff at times that either came out the wrong way or was just on the spur of the moment.

However, not many of us say sorry afterwards. . .

Despite all the basses I have had I still want to have this kind of Fodera (and it has the perfect finish, I love buckeye burl). I used to have a Fodera Monarch but only bass/treble boost/cut and I missed the mid-tones a bit.
But this one has it all..
All those thoughts like "you only live once", etc. rush through my head again :-)

[quote name='Hutton' post='946617' date='Sep 5 2010, 08:13 PM']Just a post to offer apologies for my earlier nonsense. I got what I deserved and regret my post. All the best with the sale![/quote]

Fair play to you.

Bump for a super stunning bass.