Why become a member? ×

1975 Fender Jazz for sale (sunburst/maple)

Clarky

Got this in a trade on BassChat but need to raise funds so selling on. A 1975 Fender Jazz that has seen some serious work in the pubs and clubs of Ireland (I understand!) and carries some of the scars from doing so*! Reasonably lightweight (9.6 lb on my digital scales) and a great player (it has been played by BC's Happy Jack and SiBob if you wanted a third party opinion), with the preferred 4-bolt neck.

Its all original apart from: replacement brass nut; replacement tort guard; bridge pickup had died and was rewound to original spec by previous owner; has an earlier (1973) and more collector-desirable Fender bridge with the elongated G screw. If I were keeping it, the only thing I would do is get The Bass Doc to make a more 70s-correct repro tort guard.

No hard case I'm afraid but will be securely packed in a premium Ritter gigbag.

I'm after [s]£1500 ono[/s] £1400 including delivery - final price :)

[attachment=57088:Clarky_J...bass_070.JPG][attachment=57086:Clarky_J...bass_072.JPG]

* the 'mojo'd' paintwork is clear on the pics. There is also a big ding underneath (an inch long) where it obviously bashed into a doorframe or similar - this is not visible front or back on, only when you tilt it up to look at the lower body edging. Just want the buyer to be aware of every imperfection!

Edited by Clarky

I would love this bass Clarky, but don't have the funds. There have been so many cracking basses coming on here over the last couple of weeks.

I have to save for purchases these days and I think I'm still about six months shy of enough for your bass.

Best of luck with the sale.

Gary

Cheers Gary - there really are some fabulous basses for sale on BC right now - its a buyer's market ... which is great if you're a buyer

Here's another few pics (not great, but its dark now!):

[attachment=57110:Clarky_J...bass_065.JPG][attachment=57111:Clarky_J...bass_071.JPG][attachment=5711
2:Clarky_J...bass_069.JPG]

Edited by Clarky

Hi Clarky , I am interested , I like the fact it's a 4 bolter with a Maple neck .
I assume all the basic's are there , ie , straight neck + pick-ups work .
Do the frets have much wear ?
Are you based in Central London . ( I am on the Isle of Wight )
Thanks Martin.

[quote name='martin8708' post='932161' date='Aug 21 2010, 07:43 PM']Hi Clarky , I am interested , I like the fact it's a 4 bolter with a Maple neck .
I assume all the basic's are there , ie , straight neck + pick-ups work .
Do the frets have much wear ?
Are you based in Central London . ( I am on the Isle of Wight )
Thanks Martin.[/quote]
Hi Martin, as far as I am concerned its completely functional - pickups work, neck is straight etc and the frets have plenty of life in them still. As I mentioned earlier, one of BC's moderators (SiBob) recently played this and it was owned by Happy Jack, so you could always seek an independent view.

I live near Hammersmith in Central London and work near Liverpool St

Cheers Clarky

Edited by Clarky

Sunday morning bump. Swapped strings for medium gauge today (it came with heavy gauge strings) and it is now super-slick. Great player and all it needs IMHO is a more celluloid-y tort guard (bass doc is your man ) or a three-ply black guard to be a stunner

Edited by Clarky

It's already a stunner Clarky. I still can't afford it, but almost tempted to go into debt for it.

Taking my good wife out for lunch today, with the hope that after a glass or two she might see the investment potential of a decent seventies jazz and talk me into buying it :) .

[quote name='gary mac' post='932647' date='Aug 22 2010, 11:59 AM']It's already a stunner Clarky. I still can't afford it, but almost tempted to go into debt for it.

Taking my good wife out for lunch today, with the hope that after a glass or two she might see the investment potential of a decent seventies jazz and talk me into buying it :rolleyes: .[/quote]
Good luck with that Gary - make sure its a glass or two of Carlsberg Special Brew and it might do the job :)

[quote name='Clarky' post='932316' date='Aug 21 2010, 10:28 PM']Hi Martin, as far as I am concerned its completely functional - pickups work, neck is straight etc and the frets have plenty of life in them still. As I mentioned earlier, one of BC's moderators (SiBob) recently played this and it was owned by Happy Jack, so you could always seek an independent view.

I live near Hammersmith in Central London and work near Liverpool St

Cheers Clarky[/quote]

Yup, perfect working order, sounds great, plays great. Buy with confidence. Last of the 4 bolts I'd say, proper transition! :)

Si

Forgot to add - serial number is 615019

This brings up the following on the Fender serial dater project website (just to endorse the year):

"Your guitar was made at the
Fullerton Plant (Fender - CBS Era), USA
in the Year(s): 1975"

I need to sell this so, cutting to the chase, my [u][b]final[/b][/u] price is £1400 including delivery. Can't say fairer than that.

If it doesn't sell for this I will have to store it away for a better time to sell and find the tax money elsewhere

Edited by Clarky

not surprising that this went at a very attractive price! One happy new owner, certainly... If I was a fretless player id have been sorely tempted (there are some really awesome fretlesses on here at the moment!!!)

Edited by Stag

[quote name='Stag' post='934561' date='Aug 24 2010, 10:55 AM']not surprising that this went at a very attractive price! One happy new owner, certainly...[/quote]
It is/was a great price but, as you all know (and there was a thread about this recently), its a pretty tough market for sellers at the moment

The sale is not done and dusted yet but, assuming all well, the new owner will indeed be a happy bunny as its a slick-playing, great-sounding jazz with more than a few Irish stories to tell!

And the sale helps me out no end with El taxman so everybody is happy (well I'm not happy about the tax bill but you know what I mean) :)

Edited by Clarky