Why become a member? ×

google chrome

BTS_Spacebass

Hmmm!! How strange! I've been using Chrome for about 6 month and am on here (dare I say it) virtually every day. I wonder if there is a plugin that is interacting with Chrome, as opposed to Chrome itself that is causing the rash? For example, flash player, shockwave, skype, adobe, ebay, JAVA or something similar?

As boring as it sounds, I would suggest properly uninstalling Chrome and any apps the interact with it and reinstall them with the latest versions.

Good luck!

I haven't used Chrome for some time now. However, never had a problem with it. It does seem that browsers tend to go through fits and starts. I change between Safari and Opera depending on which one is working best. Currently Opera is stupendously fast, I'm sure it won't last.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='915630' date='Aug 5 2010, 08:58 AM']Hmm... Chrome handles all that fine fer me...?[/quote]
I've used it on 3 machines (XP and Win 7) where it locks up and refuses to load a link (lots of different sites) until the Flash plugin is killed.

[quote name='Machines' post='915624' date='Aug 5 2010, 08:54 AM']Same here with Chrome, no problems at all. Chrome does however struggle with embedded Flash, especially movies. Were they pages with youtube vids ?[/quote]
Opera seems to suffer the same. Had it crash a couple of times.

Could I ask that with your new avatar Mr Machines we don't post too close together. My avatar gets awfully frisky this time of year and all hell could break loose.
Ta. :) :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...