Why become a member? ×

Basslines everyone should know

Ajrt

I hope this sort of thread hasn't been done before, if it has then my bad and can someone point me in the right direction. I'm looking for some songs to take a look at and would appreciate any suggestions, from any genre.
Fire Away!

Tricky.
Maybe if you devide the question into genres.

The thing is that for everyone who thinks Mustang Sally/So What/Master of Puppets/Bach Prelude and Fuges/Roundabout/School days/Higher ground/Lessons in Love/Portrait of Tracy/Something is compulsory there will be loads of players who never need to or want to play that track..

So.. Nothing comes into the "lines [b]everyone[/b] should know" category but that list is a start :)

[quote name='Earbrass' post='905690' date='Jul 26 2010, 12:38 PM']There is simply no such thing as a bassline that everyone 'should' know.[/quote]
Stop being a spoilsport. I'm just asking people to suggest some basslines which they think are fun or help develop skill. I'm not suggesting that we force everyone to learn them.
I think I'll be learning "I want you back" in my bass lesson today. ty umcoo

[quote name='Ajrt' post='905702' date='Jul 26 2010, 12:42 PM']I've heard quite a lot about bach. Could anyone suggest a starting point?[/quote]
Yeah Start here
[url="http://www.amazon.com/Mel-Bay-J-Bach-Bass/dp/078662843X"]J S Bach for Bass Guitar[/url]