Why become a member? ×

I already have a VMJ, why do I need a CVJ?

iconic

Love my Squier Vintage Modified Jazz to bits, but keep looking at the Classic Vibe Jazz's....I can remember telling the wife months ago there really wasn't any difference and that those CVJ's have a '60s jazz bass sound - whatever that is ? - and I'm more into funky 70's and 80's sort of stuff.

...she has a good memory and pointed this out over a beer in the pub last night.....Banham Barrel....great place for live music if you don't already know?

....so reasons on a postcard to:

Mr Ivor Kneedfourwon
Banham Norfolk
1VM 0CV

Edited by iconic

[quote name='iconic' post='898583' date='Jul 19 2010, 08:08 AM']....Love my Squire Vintage Modified Jazz to bits, but keep looking at the Classic Vibe Jazz's....[/quote]
I'd spend a lot less and put some Lindy Fralin pickups in your VMJ. Then you'll sound better than most Fenders made since the early 70's and have enough left over to buy the wife what ever she wants, shoes, handbag, several meals, etc.

[quote name='allihts' post='898648' date='Jul 19 2010, 09:28 AM']I'm dying on getting one aswell, just need to find £300 somewhere :/[/quote]

These are very nice basses. Ive been gigging mine as my only bass since last month. Done about 12 gigs wih it now.
Its probably the nicest bass ive ever played as far as neck and action go. Tone wise im not so sure as it seems a bit uneven note to note. Ive not owned a Basswood bass before and i know they have a warmer tone so maybe that what im hearing. either way, these basses are very, very good.

I have a MIA Jazz coming this week hopefully, but it has a lot to live up to.

And yes, i will probably be selling the CVJ but ill need to gig the MIA a few times first.

Why????

Do most of us on this site ask ourselves why do we need another bass?

No!!

You need another one because that`s just the type of wild, crazy dudes we are!!!

Go and get it bought and to hell with what the wife says. Are you a man or a mouse? (Cheese anyone?) :)

Jez

You need to assert your authority in the marriage. There is no way you can lose face with other musicians, ALL of whome have at least 4 basses! :)
(I have 14)
If they see you playing the same bass over and over again they will know you are a downtrodden,foot on the neck typical man and this will not do. Does she not realise that the VMJ overheats quite badly and is regarded as a fire risk by some venues so it is essential to have a backup bass for this eventuality. This way you won't miss a gig and your wife will get a share of the takings for the gig.

Alternatively just buy one and stuff the consequences, we have a spare room :rolleyes: