Why become a member? ×

Super Twelve - Photos added

Took delivery of one of Alex's Super Twelve's on Friday - mine is finished with silver grille cloth - and used it for a wedding gig on Saturday and some recording yesterday. I've got to say, even though we've only been dating for a couple of days, I think I'm in love. For me it's got absolutely everything and is exactly what I've been looking for - a portable (it's got integrated castors - back of the net!), one cab solution, that will be loud enough for all the gigs I'm likely to cover (pubs, clubs and small to medium sized halls mostly). Sound is punchy, full and defined - full, tight lows, pronounced and punchy mids and nice, smooth highs, but really well balanced too. I'm really impressed by how little the character of the sound changes between different volume settings too - don't you hate it when you get a nice, punchy, tight sound at home practice levels, turn the volume up and suddenly it goes all manic on you? Yeah, me too. The Super Twelve doesn't do that - to my ear. All in all I think this is a great cab. Photos and more comprehensive review to be posted in the 'Reviews' section to due course. Thought I'd start spreading the love as soon as I could though. Oh, and it looks so cool with the silver grill cloth!

BC

EDIT for photos:

I was going to do a fuller review but I really couldn't add anything to the fullsome praise Me and My Bass has lavished on his cab in his excellent review already - [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=88457"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=88457[/url]

The drummer in one of my bands is a multi-instrumentalist and plays bass also. A couple of weeks back he congratulated on my bass sound when I was still using my Purple Chili PCB112. Last week he turned to me and said that he loved the sound of the new cab even more than the old one. I put a lot of empasis on the (lower) mids in my sound and he went on to say that it wasn't really a sound he went for himself when he was playing bass but we then spent 3 minutes discussing bass sounds and generally praising the Super Twelve - much to the chagrin of the singer and guitarist! Nothing's perfect, of course, but the Super Twelve pretty much fits the bill for me completely at this moment in time. Only time will tell if the first wave of passion will develop into long-term commitment but my wandering eye has been stilled for the time being!

Edited by Bass Culture

Used the Super Twelve at a rehearsal with another band last night playing original, rockier material. It matches my RH450 so well - just had a huge smile on my face for three hours! Huge sound. The only tonal adjustment I've done between the gig, recording session and rehearsal I've used it at since I got the cab on Friday is to alter the pickup pan on my Roscoe. That's all I've needed to do to accommodate three completely different rooms.

[quote name='discreet' post='889114' date='Jul 7 2010, 11:22 PM']Don't know where to start with this.[/quote]

Oh dear, chaos. Sorry :)

Frank has a midget in his sig. So if he buys a super 12 (cos of reading threads like this) he'll need to get rid of the midget real cheap (to me). Or even not so cheap :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

[quote name='ShergoldSnickers' post='938339' date='Aug 27 2010, 06:38 PM']I really shouldn't go looking at Alex's designs. I just end up wanting one of each. :)[/quote]

Ain't that the truth! Still pondering a way of affording one of these...