Why become a member? ×

Fender 50th Anniversary Jazz Bass

OutToPlayJazz

**NOW SOLD!** Thanks for all the interest, guys! :)

One 2010 Fender 50th Anniversary Jazz Bass!

Features:

Candy apple red nitro finish (including headstock.)

60's headstock logo (with the "offset contour" in the original position.)

62 reissue "chunky" neck profile with nitro glossed neck-back & posiflex graphite rods.

Buffed rosewood fingerboard with pearl block markers.

Hipshot ultra-light "F" tuners.

50th Anniversary neck plate (as pictured below.)

75 Reissue pickups.

70's pickup spacing.

Vintage High Mass bridge with through body stringing.

Chrome covers.

American Vintage series hardshell case in black with black interior.

So what to say about this magnificent Jazz? Well, if you want the "Marcus" sound, this one has it in spades! The combination of the 70's spacing & the thin nitro finish let the sound pound out & this bass is not short of output by any means! The 75RI pickups give it a seriously creamy punch with a lot of top end and it's a joy to play. Of all the Jazz basses I've owned the ones with the 75 pickups seem to have the best sound by a country mile!

So it's a dream to play & looks great - The condition is utterly A1. I've treated the nitro finish with kid gloves & it still looks as new as when it came out of the store.

As for the money side of things, I'm looking for £1400 for this instrument. Feel free to offer me something as a px towards the cost, such as a RoadWorn Jazz or cheaper Sadowsky, etc. In fact, let me know what trades you have (preferably with additional cash in my direction) and I'll politely answer any offers. Payment is to be via bank transfer or cash on the day. No PayPal.

Any further info required, give me a shout on 07545 471037 - Rich.

Here's a quick YouTube demo of the bass plugged directly into the computer mic socket...

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

If someone would buy my fretless '76 Precision, I would buy this and move on my Nash (much though I love the Nash, your Jazz is even nicer and prettier still). Unfortunately the first part of this chain ain't happening :)

[quote name='Clarky' post='881844' date='Jun 30 2010, 12:41 PM']If someone would buy my fretless '76 Precision, I would buy this and move on my Nash (much though I love the Nash, your Jazz is even nicer and prettier still). Unfortunately the first part of this chain ain't happening :)[/quote]

The NASH is for sale?!

[quote name='Musicman20' post='882039' date='Jun 30 2010, 03:26 PM']The NASH is for sale?![/quote]
No, not FS unless the chain of events above happens. TBH, was probably speaking in haste (bl**dy BassChat GAS)

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='882558' date='Jun 30 2010, 10:58 PM']i have dreams about a red jazz a bit like your one, unfortunately £1500 is only in my dreams too! But wow, it looks great[/quote]

Good job this one is only £1400, then - Think of the hundred pounds you'd save by buying it! (Mrs.OTPJ's logic at work! :) )

That is truly gorgeous.

I have a US '75 reissue and I've just bought a Fender classic '70s jazz. If I hadn't just bought the classic '70s I'd be offering to trade for my US jazz plus cash for this based on looks alone!!

A close escape...... next time it appears, I think I might have it.

Sorry you have to sell such a beautiful instrument Rich.

Another of my pointless posts, but at least you get a BUMP.

I wish you good luck with the sale.

Frank

[quote name='machinehead' post='882601' date='Jul 1 2010, 12:01 AM']That is truly gorgeous.

I have a US '75 reissue and I've just bought a Fender classic '70s jazz. If I hadn't just bought the classic '70s I'd be offering to trade for my US jazz plus cash for this based on looks alone!!

A close escape...... next time it appears, I think I might have it.

Sorry you have to sell such a beautiful instrument Rich.

Another of my pointless posts, but at least you get a BUMP.

I wish you good luck with the sale.

Frank[/quote]

That's typical - I'd have liked a US 75 Reissue as well! :)

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='881820' date='Jun 30 2010, 12:24 PM']Here's a quick YouTube demo of the bass plugged directly into the computer mic socket...

[/quote]

This is a pretty good demo of why I need a Fender Jazz. Or at least it was until you started that slapping malarky. It's not big, and it's not clever. :)

Enjoy the free bump!

[quote name='The Twickerman' post='882718' date='Jul 1 2010, 09:09 AM']This is a pretty good demo of why I need a Fender Jazz. Or at least it was until you started that slapping malarky. It's not big, and it's not clever. :rolleyes:

Enjoy the free bump![/quote]

I thought it was highly tasteful, personally :)