Why become a member? ×

An updated family snapshot...

wateroftyne

OK, so all my basses look the same, but... here we go anyway. ha ha.

71' fretted P

'71 J

71' fretless P (replacement ebony neck provided by The Bass Doc - original rosewood fretless neck in storage)

TC RH450

2 x Berg HS210s

Am I happy? Hell aye.

Still fancy trying the Berg AE210s, though...

As you know, WoT, I have a penchant for a bit of sunburst so thats sex on legs to me (waynepunkdude would of course be champing at the bit to re-fin all of these lovely creatures in dayglo pink/yellow/orange/puce!) So has the Rebelhead replaced your Mesa Walkabout as your go-to rig?

[quote name='Clarky' post='853733' date='Jun 1 2010, 04:24 PM']has the Rebelhead replaced your Mesa Walkabout as your go-to rig?[/quote]
*gulp*

Well, the RH450 sounds so marvellous with a single HS210, I'm thinking of putting the Walkabout on the block and getting a smaller combo.

There.. I said it.

:)

[quote name='The Bass Doc' post='853761' date='Jun 1 2010, 04:42 PM']The blue shed spoils it - surely you could apply some yellow-to-red-to-black kind of wood treatment. Admittedly the red would probably fade a bit with the sun.[/quote]
Goodness, no! if I paint the shed, Mrs. WoT will realise that my 'But.. I'm allergic to paint!' ruse is a fib.

She'll have me painting everything that doesn't move...

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='853765' date='Jun 1 2010, 04:43 PM']*gulp*

Well, the RH450 sounds so marvellous with a single HS210, I'm thinking of putting the Walkabout on the block and getting a smaller combo.

There.. I said it.

:)[/quote]
I'm not talking to you any more

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='853793' date='Jun 1 2010, 04:55 PM']Once I play a smaller combo I'll probably be put off the idea for life.[/quote]
I would gladly take an axe to my Orange Crush Pix combo - what a pile of rubbish. They are all like that WoT, so keep your Mesa, there's a good chap

I really like the theme of 1971 sunbursts, it just makes the collection that little bit more personal or special.

The OCD part of me was also concerned about the touch up job needed on the fence and shed! I will take such concerns to www.shedchat.co.uk

[quote name='jonthebass' post='853812' date='Jun 1 2010, 05:07 PM']Hi WoT - Lovely collection there!

Aside from your Fretless P being exactly that, how does a P sound with an Ebony board compare to the usual Rosewood?

Cheers,
Jon[/quote]
Cheers, Jon!

There's noticeable more attack and definition with the ebony. It's definitely more apparent (and useful) when you use flats as I do.

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='853815' date='Jun 1 2010, 05:10 PM']The OCD part of me was also concerned about the touch up job needed on the fence and shed! I will take such concerns to www.shedchat.co.uk[/quote]
Paaah... all you 'nice, neatly painted shed & fence' crowd can get back to your coffee-table Warwicks and Statuses, with ultra-rare Madagascan cocobolobolocolo facings. :)

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='854248' date='Jun 1 2010, 10:15 PM']Very nice as always, Michael :rolleyes: What are those curiously shaped wooden plates on the tops of the necks of your basses with the shiny metal bits sticking out for, though? :lol:[/quote]
Y'know, I have no idea! The metal bits twirl around, but it doesn't seem to make any difference to the noise I make. :)