Why become a member? ×

Poll: Which Fender Jazz would you buy & why?

OutToPlayJazz

Four years later the thread got bumped again- it seemed Basschat was still talking in hushed tones about which FMIC copy of Leo Fender's designs was the best. Elsewhere on the site both then and now.... - what's best for metal, plectrum or fingers, why is my stingray's G string not as loud, Beatles- all that? and why do you need a Fodera when a Squier does the job.

Probably still be what's talked about in 2018....

I am responsible for it, i bump it up from 2010 :)

I am sorry, addicted but i still don't have 6000 posts like you Master LukeFRC :D

I voted for these cool japanese basses
I am looking for infos, advices...

Here a rarer silver

[quote name='Emanew' timestamp='1396552422' post='2415095']

I am sorry, addicted but i still don't have 6000 posts like you Master LukeFRC :D

[/quote] :D the pics are from the shop ikebe gakki. The model is prob a JB62-US then whatever colour code it is. There was a point a few years back when the yen was weak against the euro and pound when a lot of folk were importing new and secondhand japanese basses. I got one years back from a fella in Essex who imported secondhand japanese fenders and sold them on. Not seen as much of it since the pound and euro weakened.
I like fender japan. :)

Yes you are right ikebe and Ishibashi shops are the places to find these beauties :)
Yen/Euro/Pound is quite interesting these last months.

Actually they are called JB65B or JB66B (for the limited 2013 pearloid blocks bass). They have matching headstock and binding on the neck.
You can choose among white, black color and less spread Candy Apple Red and Silver.

I wrote to BigJohn and Stacker who previously posted their picture in 2010. BigJohn has already answered me and we are in contact.

I may create a topic about these Japanese basses. Any helping infos welcome :)

[quote name='funkgod' timestamp='1396556127' post='2415150']
Jap 62,
necks are the best jazz neck ever.
build quality
pups are good
looks
and for me they feel right.
[/quote]

+1.
I hunted for a good Jazz for over 10 years before I found one of these Japanese 62RIs in CAR with a tortie s/p last year
I tried and played loads of different types from all over and at all prices before I found one that suited me.
Yes, it was pricey compared to a lot of others but cheaper than a US jobbie as well as being streets ahead in quality, playability and sound.

My CV P51 is an amazing bass too. Made in China, y'know.... :P

[quote name='deaky' timestamp='1275133231' post='851044']
Well I tried the Geddy yesterday and unfortunately I wasnt impressed. :)

My vote would be a precision :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Thee philistine thee! Thou hast not the slightest ideaeth of what thou it's talking about! I haveth one gedster lee and it is a beast!

I'll go with my [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]American Standard Fretless Jazz. With the right strings, and going through a decent amp, it plays well. Quality on it is right on also. [/font][/color]

Edited by gsgbass

Money no object it would be the 50th anniversary. In the real world - the american standard plays nice but I like car and mystic red is too flake-heavy, not at all keen on the am deluxe, like the american special but prefer the p bass version. I'd probably go for artist series - geddy - or the classic 70s.

I love my 60 anniv S1, but the MIJ Geddy is one of the nicest jazzes I've ever played. The MIMs were all a bit sketchy, really always fancied an old one wit matching headstock too. I've got a Sadowsky turning up on Monday, can't wait to compare it to the Fenders

[quote name='Emanew' timestamp='1396552422' post='2415095'] I am responsible for it, i bump it up from 2010 :) I am sorry, addicted but i still don't have 6000 posts like you Master LukeFRC :D I voted for these cool japanese basses I am looking for infos, advices... a rarer silver [/quote]

That's my dream bass right there, I wish I could get hold of one.... Any ideas where? :gas:

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Emanew' timestamp='1396552422' post='2415095']

Here a rarer silver

[/quote]

I would like to find a 66 jazz with dots and binding as well! Anyone selling?