paul h

He she is...brand new Retrovibe Aero 2 from www.probass.co.uk

[attachment=50091:SN851196.JPG]

[attachment=50092:SN851198.JPG]

[attachment=50093:SN851201.JPG]

[attachment=50094:scott_free.mp3]

Edited by paul h

Looks lovely!

Please can you give us all a thorough review (build quality, components, sound, value for money etc)? I've been looking at these but wondered if they might be a bit nasty and need a lot of upgrades....

Coincidentally, I was just checking out their Ric-type basses when I saw your post.
Your Aero 2 looks really nice. I'm with cetera, hoping we might get a more in-depth review, once you've had a chance to get to know it better! :)
One minor question - is the back contoured? (It looks like it, looking at the top edge of the bass in your middle photo).

You're going to make me do a review aren't you? :) I'm not sure I have been playing bass long enough for my opinion to be valid.

Yup, totally slab top as opposed to the slight arch of the Aerodyne and with a traditional belly scoop for the doughnut fans. Myself included. I've got a second bag of chocolate filled ones to get through. Damn 2 for £1 offer!

• 1 month later...

Just thought I would add a couple more sound samples of the bass. Recorded straight into Ableton Live, both pickups on full, no post eq of any kind.

[attachment=52696:aerovibe.mp3]

[attachment=52697:stamp.mp3]

For those interested the guitar on the first track is my £60, 1996 Squier Affinity.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='paul h' post='842041' date='May 19 2010, 01:45 PM']He she is...brand new Retrovibe Aero 2 from www.probass.co.uk[/quote]

Hi Paul,

Looks good and from your MP3’s it sounds great.

I’ve just visited the probass site, can’t believe the prices :lol: (what the.....). Wonder if they’ll ever do a 30” or 32” - hope so :rolleyes: .

Nice sound clips Paul. Looking forward to your review.

Oggy :)

[quote name='Oggy' post='894854' date='Jul 14 2010, 04:48 PM']Wonder if they’ll ever do a 30” or 32” - hope so :) .[/quote]

It's funny you should mention that, because I emailed him about the same thing. More specifically a 30" jazz, but he commented on the fact that there wasn't enough interest. Maybe we should get a few people on here to show interest and he might do one :rolleyes:

[quote name='derrenleepoole' post='894855' date='Jul 14 2010, 04:51 PM']It's funny you should mention that, because I emailed him about the same thing. More specifically a 30" jazz, but he commented on the fact that there wasn't enough interest. Maybe we should get a few people on here to show interest and he might do one :lol:[/quote]

At those sort of prices I'd buy one today (don't tell the Missus though) - make a great backup or pub bass. We've all played places where you worry if the gear is going to be stolen or damaged :) .

Oggy :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='paul h' post='876123' date='Jun 24 2010, 08:44 AM']Quite a lot of listens but no comments?

It doesn't sound that bad? Does it?

:)[/quote]

It sounds excellent -very Norman Watt-Roy from the Blockheads (both your playing and the bass sound).

Not bad for a cheapo!

[quote name='gjones' post='904043' date='Jul 24 2010, 02:43 PM']It sounds excellent -very Norman Watt-Roy from the Blockheads (both your playing and the bass sound).[/quote]

That's possibly the nicest thing anybody has ever said to me! Thanks!

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Oggy' post='894854' date='Jul 14 2010, 04:48 PM']I’ve just visited the probass site, can’t believe the prices :lol: (what the.....). Wonder if they’ll ever do a 30” or 32” - hope so :rolleyes: .[/quote]
I'm hoping they start doing 5ers, 35" scale, personally .... any model with an MM at the bridge :)

Andy

• 3 weeks later...