Why become a member? ×

Retrovibe Aero 2

paul h

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

[quote name='Low End Bee' post='1100860' date='Jan 24 2011, 03:42 PM']Update.

I've just picked the RV4 Rickenfaker up from a service. The E string was rattling a bit behind the fret so I guessed (correctly) that the nut was cut too low on the bass side.
They've put in a tiny ebony wedge under the nut that has sorted this completely. Also done were a truss rod tweak, fret dress, all pots, switches and jack upgraded, copper shielding of the cavity and interestingly the neck tone control changed to a variable coil tap.
It really has completely upped the performance of the bass in every way. I'm chuffed to bits. The action is now fast and low.
There were four Ric's in the shop. Two 4001's and two 4003's and the tech said it blew them all away in playability. He was very impressed with it. Hence him doing lots of extra stuff to it that I didn't ask for at no cost! It still sounds more like a turbo charged precision and nothing like a Ric though which is OK by me.

I'm going to give it another gig outing on Saturday if you want to see/hear it in action [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=118398"]Jetsonics 29th gig[/url][/quote]

@Low End Bee - I live in Ealing right near you. Just bought a retrovibe RV5 which is coming tomorrow. Out of curiosity which service did you take it to?

BasherT

P.S. When's the next gig? I may have to come along!

[quote name='bashert' post='1275770' date='Jun 20 2011, 12:07 PM']@Low End Bee - I live in Ealing right near you. Just bought a retrovibe RV5 which is coming tomorrow. Out of curiosity which service did you take it to?

BasherT

P.S. When's the next gig? I may have to come along![/quote]

I go to Chandler's in Kew. Reassuringly expensive...... Andrew was the guy who did it.

Next gig is this Saturday [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=141223"]Stadium gig[/url]