Why become a member? ×

The Fender Rumble bass amps.

Marvin

I only mention these as I popped into a music shop this morning and there was a Fender Rumble 100/210 in the shop. (It's a very small shop with only half a dozen bass amps at most and only 3 basses :) ).
The guy who owns it is a Fender fanatic, and I can't emphasis that enough, Fender are almost a religion to this guy and although I'm not a Fender man I thoroughly enjoyed the half hour I spent chewing the fat with him.
Anyway back to the amp, only 100w, so asked about it and the owner said it was seriously loud, chest thumpingly loud. (Although he is a guitarist). :rolleyes:

The range (15w up to 350w) is very rarely mentioned on here so I was just wondering what the general consensus was. I must admit if I was in the market for a new combo it would definitely be in the running.

Edited by Marvin

Hey Marvin, I bring the 100 watt models up a fair bit when recommending small combos to people on here. Cant say enough about them. Nice tones, well built and seriously loud.The 100 watt 1x15's are louder than 300 watt 1x15 Ashdowns!!

I've owned a Rumble 100 1x15 combo for a few years, and it's a pretty good combo. Puts out enough volume to be heard at anything up to a really large gig, and tone is great. They've been very favourably reviewed, as they're cheap, loud, decent sound and have some good features.

*Shamless plug* Coincindentally, I'm selling mine for £150, if anyone in the Oxford area (or can pick up from Oxford) fancies one of these, shoot me a PM. I'm open to reasonable offers *Shameless plug*

Bad form to plug my own sale on here, but I stumbled across this browsing BC while supposed to be working. I'll come on a make a proper thread in the marketplace when I get the time.

There are always a few threads asking for advice on combos and it surprises me that this range isn't mentioned more, especially given the good reviews they get.
And if I was near Oxford, Hector, I'd be very tempted - if I actually needed a new combo but apparently I don't according to someone else :)

I hate to break with tradition here but I was all ready to sing Fender Rumble's praises until I tried one. Not bad, just not great and I tried about 3 different ones. I'm a massive Fender fan and I love Fender amplication but the rumbles I tried were a bit lacklustre. I tried other budget combos of lesser known brands like Laney and they were better sounding. This was about 5yrs ago so maybe they've improved since?

had one a few years ago, i can't remember what wattage - probably 60 watts with a 12" driver. it was great for the kind of stuff I was doing at the time (small gigs in community halls) and had a nice warm sound to it. i also recall it having a really cool red light on the bottom that was a nice touch.

also for what it's worth, they had a load of the little ones (15 or 20 watts?) bought in at my old school and they lasted for a year at least - which, believe me, is very impressive.

I got a Fender Rumble 100 (1x15" speaker) in about 2005 and I still have it and use it to this day.

TBH I've know idea why I bought a 4x10 and Trace head the Fender is fine.

Has a great tone and a mid shift button which I find very useful and it's seriously loud! I don't think I've ever needed to turn the volume past 9 o'clock - and I've played open air gigs in big school bands complete with noisy drummer.

Only thing that annoys me is the weight.

Highly recommended.

I blew up a 100W 1x15 version of this amp without having the volume anywhere near max. Volume was on about 7/10 and I was using an active Warwick. Kind of left me with the impressed that these are a bit under-engineered or that the drivers that are used in them are cheap. Sounded alright untill the voicecoil glue melted though, not great, just alright...

• 3 months later...