Why become a member? ×

Whos Got a Little Bastard?

MB1

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='810409' date='Apr 18 2010, 04:22 PM']I've got three of them

Oh you mean Ashdowns? :)[/quote]

MB1. :lol:
:lol: ...A Controversial name indeed!...
Would Using one with a Superfly Cab give ya.... a Superfly Little Bastard? :rolleyes: :lol:

[quote name='MB1' post='810407' date='Apr 18 2010, 04:18 PM']MB1. :lol:
Ashdown Little Bastard 30w valve amp...
Anybody Got One?
Have seen the Brochure ...What They like?... Are They LOUD?...are they on General Sale or just Limited Edition?
Cheers![/quote]

:rolleyes: :lol: :) :lol:

[quote name='MB1' post='810407' date='Apr 18 2010, 06:18 PM']MB1. :lol:
Anybody Got One?
Have seen the Brochure ...What They like?... Are They LOUD?...are they on General Sale or just Limited Edition?
Cheers![/quote]

Wow..

Can't help much, but, it's probably the first time I understood MB1's post (at least, I think, that I do.. It's about the amplifier, isn't it? :))..

No offense intended, though :rolleyes:

I'll get my coat anyway..

[quote name='MB1' post='810407' date='Apr 18 2010, 04:18 PM']MB1. :)
Anybody Got One?
Cheers![/quote]

As it happens :lol: I have number one of the handmade 'Limited Edition' Little Bastards :rolleyes: & a handmade singe 12" cab to go with.

It's bloody marvellous!

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='810810' date='Apr 18 2010, 09:57 PM']spending all that cash on a 30watt valve amp. its not really giggable and seems a tad expensive for bedroom use.......not my cuppa T[/quote]

Guess it will be seen as a recording amp getting that valve grind at reasonable volumes

[quote name='alanbass1' post='810821' date='Apr 18 2010, 04:04 PM']Guess it will be seen as a recording amp getting that valve grind at reasonable volumes[/quote]

This is it! I have one too...the prototype from Winter NAMM which is exactly like the hand-built LE. And, as was mentioned, it sounds fantastic......full of valve goodness and British grind that even a Yank like myself can appreciate.

The Bastard does have a DI so you can gig it. By itself, it would be fine for a small gig as long as you are not fighting a very loud and self-centered guitar player. If you want loud and like the concept of this head, I'd suggest checking-out the 427....all valve and 400 watts!!

Most of the pictures I have seen don't do the amp justice....it really is a very nice looking amp, Also, remember that one of the most iconic bass amps of all time, the Ampeg B-15 was only 30 watts (and had no DI, you have to mic it to use it live).

More info....click here: [url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=640748&highlight=ashdown"]http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.p...ghlight=ashdown[/url]

Edited by LuvMusic

• 1 month later...

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='810810' date='Apr 18 2010, 09:57 PM']spending all that cash on a 30watt valve amp. its not really giggable and seems a tad expensive for bedroom use.......not my cuppa T[/quote]

You'd be surprised I have a 17w amp from the 50's and it sounds massive I've played it through my Matamp 4x10 and I could easily gig with it in a pub/covers setting, would be even funnier with my 8x10 :) since it's the size and shape of a toaster.

[quote name='LuvMusic' post='810970' date='Apr 19 2010, 01:53 AM']This is it! I have one too...the prototype from Winter NAMM which is exactly like the hand-built LE. And, as was mentioned, it sounds fantastic......full of valve goodness and British grind that even a Yank like myself can appreciate.

The Bastard does have a DI so you can gig it. By itself, it would be fine for a small gig as long as you are not fighting a very loud and self-centered guitar player. If you want loud and like the concept of this head, I'd suggest checking-out the 427....all valve and 400 watts!!

Most of the pictures I have seen don't do the amp justice....it really is a very nice looking amp, Also, remember that one of the most iconic bass amps of all time, the Ampeg B-15 was only 30 watts (and had no DI, you have to mic it to use it live).

More info....click here: [url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=640748&highlight=ashdown"]http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.p...ghlight=ashdown[/url][/quote]

MB1. :)
Sounds interesting!
...Blimey!...Youve met a Guitarist that isnt Loud and Self centred? :rolleyes:
..Have heard theres a Full English Breakfast available in the intermission at Taystes Gigs!...Toaster amps?..sounds like the Superfly! (mine works better than a barbecue) :lol: :lol:

Edited by MB1

[quote name='MB1' post='859636' date='Jun 7 2010, 10:48 AM']MB1. :)
Sounds interesting!
...Blimey!...Youve met a Guitarist that isnt Loud and Self centred? :rolleyes:
..Have heard theres a Full English Breakfast available in the intermission at Taystes Gigs!...Toaster amps?..sounds like the Superfly! (mine works better than a barbecue) :lol: :lol:[/quote]

See toaster, I even put it in the kitchen :lol:

[quote name='MB1' post='859688' date='Jun 7 2010, 11:36 AM']MB1. :)
...Hello Steve!...It does!
For Those Unsure!..The Toaster is on your left of the picture! :rolleyes:[/quote]

Behind the beans :lol:

My g/f was mortified when I put these pictures online, I was just like pah I'm a musician everyone expects my kitchen to be a mess

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='859705' date='Jun 7 2010, 11:52 AM']Behind the beans :lol:

My g/f was mortified when I put these pictures online, I was just like pah I'm a musician everyone expects my kitchen to be a mess[/quote]

MB1. :)
...Strangely?.. I'm Now hearing "The Dangerous Kitchen...Frank Zappa" :rolleyes:
(No nobodys kitchens messier than Franks Dangerous one!)

Edited by MB1