Why become a member? ×

GK rig 1001RBII & Neo cabs

niceguyhomer

My band's DIing now since we've upgraded our PA. Last night at the lesbian wedding, I used my new EBS Microbass into the desk and it was a great success so I really don't need this rig anymore and want to sell to fund a good quality light 'n loud combo for stage monitoring.

The head is just over one year old, the 2x12 is about 4 months old and the 1x12 is about a month old - all bought brand new. There are a couple of extremely minor marks here and there but it's in as good a nick as anything you'll see masquerading as new in some stores.

This is a very loud rig - the 1001RBII head is 700 watts + another 50 for the horn system, the 212 is 600 watts (8 ohm) and the 112 is 300 watts (8 ohm), it's also very light. It also sounds fantastic - clean and punchy or warm and growly if you dial in some boost.

I realise I've got two chances of selling the whole thing as one - ie; Bob Hope and no hope but if I have to sell separately, I will but please be aware, I won't let anything go until I'm in the ball park money-wise for my new combo but I'll hold items for interested parties. I'm in a busy band and need something to gig with.

Prices:

Head - £350 (paid £539 new)
212 neo - £350 (paid £524)
112 neo - £250 (paid £309)
SKB rack case - £40 (paid £85)
Korg Tuner DTR 1000 - £75 (paid £130)

Buy the lot and you can have it for £950 delivered / meet halfway. Will consider trades for suitable equipment.

More pics on request.

Bit of missing chrome as delivered from the store...

Edited by niceguyhomer

Using both cabs together, you get a moderate increase in volume because the head's running at 4 ohms plus the additional 12" of air being moved. The 112 adds mids and clarity to the deeper sounding 212 which makes the rig much easier to hear on stage - not least because of the fact you have a speaker closer to your ear. I would say it works ok for some situations but in some rooms I've got a better sound using the 212 on its own - presumably because it's getting all of the juice from the head.

That said, I've yet to encounter a room yet where the 212 can't cope on it's own.

Edited by niceguyhomer

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='86910' date='Nov 11 2007, 03:56 PM']Homer

Where did you get your Rack Spacer with the access hole for the Jack leads? I've been looking everywhere for one.

Cheers[/quote]

I bought it with the rack case from Electromusic - the hole was drilled by a technician in our maintenance department and I borrowed the grommet from our spares department.

[quote name='Matty' post='90372' date='Nov 18 2007, 05:46 PM']Have these guys all got somethign reserved?
Or would you still sell the rig as a whole?[/quote]

There is interest Matty but not on the whole rig at the price I want to sell it for. If you're interested, the price is £950 delivered by me.

[quote name='BeLow' post='91698' date='Nov 20 2007, 07:00 PM']Retiring?[/quote]

Gigs aren't what they used to be, half empty pubs / disinterested punters / venues disappearing / sound limiters and whinging neighbours. I can see the writing on the wall with the band too - never rehearse / no new songs / no communication between gigs etc etc and I've always said that when this band goes pear shaped, that's it. I don't think I'd have the stomach to start again with another band. Sad but true.

[quote name='BeLow' post='91698' date='Nov 20 2007, 07:00 PM']Retiring?[/quote]
Don't do it Alan. I know exactly how you feel and the gig situation is pretty depressing sometimes. I seem to be carrying one band and the other is like yours, "No New Numbers, Rehearsing is a Joke and lack of organisation/comms". Trouble is since managing to take early retirement, without something band related to get wound up about, don't know who the hell would get the fall-out.
Probably end up riding shotgun with MRs BB when she goes shopping for shoes. :)
I am probably getting out of one of the outfits, but have something else on the boil which could be realy good. Change of faces and musical tastes can work wonders.

[quote name='minty fresh death' post='91610' date='Nov 20 2007, 05:03 PM']I think that was probably the best choice you could have made dude, great rig.[/quote]
+1 *applauds*

Shame about the band tho. Wouldn't you miss it?

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='91710' date='Nov 20 2007, 07:13 PM']Gigs aren't what they used to be, half empty pubs / disinterested punters / venues disappearing / sound limiters and whinging neighbours. I can see the writing on the wall with the band too - never rehearse / no new songs / no communication between gigs etc etc and I've always said that when this band goes pear shaped, that's it. I don't think I'd have the stomach to start again with another band. Sad but true.[/quote]
How long have you been plaing in my band???

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='91881' date='Nov 20 2007, 10:45 PM']We'll see and believe me, the decision won't be taken lightly but after nearly four decades of gigging, it's starting to wear a bit thin.[/quote]
And you can't have all Nick's good work going to waste :)