Why become a member? ×

Squier CV 60s P now in Fiesta/Tort!

Telebass

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='797268' date='Apr 6 2010, 10:02 AM']I'm sure there's another thread on this very bass in this very colour :)

I played one of these the other day & it pounded a Mex Classic 50's Precision into the ground in terms of output & playability. They are very very good.[/quote]

Yup! Right here: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=80143"]Link Here[/url]

Just picked up one of these babies from The Gallery in return for my SUB, just not the found I was looking for! Does anyone have any suggestions for flats to put on this baby? Was thinking either TIs or the La Bella Jamerson ones but I know nothing about flats.

Also might go for bridge and pickup covers, best place for these? eBay?

thanks!

[quote name='faceman' post='801081' date='Apr 9 2010, 05:39 PM']Just picked up one of these babies from The Gallery in return for my SUB, just not the found I was looking for! Does anyone have any suggestions for flats to put on this baby? Was thinking either TIs or the La Bella Jamerson ones but I know nothing about flats.

Also might go for bridge and pickup covers, best place for these? eBay?

thanks![/quote]
Re: flats, if you like low tension go with TI, medium tension go D'Addario Chromes or La Bella 760FS (standard gauge). The Jamersons are mahoosive (the E is 110) and can knacker a bass neck as well as your fingers! Or as Beedster would say, they are a man's strings :)

Jesus, 110 that's a big E! I'll probably grab a pair of the Chromes as I've had good experience with the EXL rounds. I'll probably do a mini review and some pictures when I've had a chance to play it through my rig up north!

So far. Looks very sexy. Neck is very fit. All good so far :)