Why become a member? ×

Photoshopped Custom Basses

chriswilliams666

When i get bored i design my dream basses in Photoshop. I do some for my friends too. Thought i'd share them with you guys too! One day i will get one built...

Obviously they are Fender style basses. If anyone out there has a wish list, but no funds and would like to see what there custom build may look like let me know. I'll see what i can do!

Edited by chriswilliams666

Not really. I just google bass parts, but mainly use Fenders site. They have decent images of most of there range. Nothing fancy to it really!

[quote name='Stylon Pilson' post='779666' date='Mar 19 2010, 12:34 PM']I'm interested in the process of how you design these. Presumably you have a collection of separate transparent images of bodies, necks, bridges etc, which you then assemble and line up - is that right?

S.P.[/quote]

[quote name='chriswilliams666' post='779674' date='Mar 19 2010, 12:39 PM']Not really. I just google bass parts, but mainly use Fenders site. They have decent images of most of there range. Nothing fancy to it really![/quote]

Fantastic skills! How about a Fender P bass with rosewood neck, block inlays in transparent Teal Green or Pacific Blueburst with a black pickguard?

OK, here's one I've actually got a genuine order for in the last couple of days.

Jaguar outline body, ebony dot neck - Jazz profile, standard Jazz pickup configuation (EMGs), standard Jazz control plate (carrying J-retro circuit), parchment pickguard taking up the shape of a Jazzmaster after the controlplate (no switches). Candy apple red with matching headstock. Badass bridge.

Edited by The Bass Doc

This will be a challenge! You could probably build it quicker, but will give it a go!

[quote name='The Bass Doc' post='779682' date='Mar 19 2010, 12:43 PM']OK, here's one I've actually got a genuine order for in the last couple of days.

Jaguar outline body, ebony dot neck - Jazz profile, standard Jazz pickup configuation (EMGs), standard Jazz control plate (carrying J-retro circuit), parchment pickguard taking up the shape of a Jazzmaster after the controlplate (no switches). Candy apple red with matching headstock. Badass bridge.[/quote]

[quote name='Pete1967' post='779760' date='Mar 19 2010, 01:47 PM']A favourite pastime of mine too... but I've just been cured of my Photoshop doodling by buying this off Jon Shuker :)

[attachment=45134:greenjazz.JPG][/quote]

Now THAT'S the colour for me!! A US P Bass, block inlays in this colour please!!

Stunning bass

Okay, this has made me think today. This is my ultimate GAS. Now, I need someone to build it for me...

Modified Jazz body
Maple & maple Jazz neck with block inlays
Hipshot Ultralite tuners
Nordstrand Musicman pickup
Badass III Bridge strung through body
Aria BB active circuitry

It's basically a hybrid of a Fender Jazz, MM Stingray and Aria SB1000...

Edited by Clarky72