Why become a member? ×

Stunning Sadowsky NYC 24 fret 5 string - sold pending usual stuff

molan

So this is a bit of a wrench but I'm determined to make the transition back to 4 strings only and that means this really needs to go :)

Picked up relatively recently as part of a PX deal but I've been really putting off selling this as it's just sooo nice to play and has the added bonus of weighing next to nothing!

It has an ash body with a maple neck and maple board and an absolutely beautiful trans black 'burst' finish over a very nice flamed top. There's a poly finish on the body and nito on the neck for a really nice feel. It has inset Dunlop straplocks which give nice 'smooth' lines when not on the strap.

It's hard to explain just how nice the colour of this is as it changes under lights. One definite vote of confidence in the colour was from my wife who usually just says every bass I get looks like any other but this one actually made her stop in her tracks & comment on how nice it looked, lol.

Big Single pickups and the usual volume, pan, treble, bass and Vintage Tone Control setup.

Great range of tones from this modern Sadowsky setup - still able to nail that classic Sadowsky sound but less one dimensional than some older NYC Sads are (purely a personal view on this latter comment!).

The thing that amazes me most is that my bathroom scales say it weighs only 7.4 lbs! Can't say these are 100% accurate but it's certainly the lightest 5 string I've ever played and I'm sure you could gig with it for hours and not notice the weight.

It's in absolutely immaculate condition and still has the, virtually impossible to see, plastic guard over the area above the pickups :rolleyes:

Comes with one of the very nice Sadowsky branded soft/hard cases.

One of these would cost around £3K new from Roger S and there would obviously be additional shipping and import costs on top of that. I've priced it at £2,200 which is a healthy discount off the UK price for what is a virtually new NYC Sadowsky.

I would be willing to think about trades either for a really interesting 4 string (a similar NYC 4 would definitely grab my interest!) or something that would be easy to sell on like a US stock Fender, Lakland Skyline etc.

Happy to ship anywhere really - approx insured price is probably around £35 for UK and £70 for mainland Europe (may be slightly higher than this to get full insurance cover).

The best picture I have is the 'official' Sadowsky one as it's about the only one that does a decent job of showing the body colour.

Edited by molan

[quote name='jakesbass' post='777708' date='Mar 17 2010, 05:30 PM']I'll swap it for a lifetime supply of lessons Barrie :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:
It looks gorgeous!![/quote]

Now there's an interesting trade offer :lol:

1 lesson a week for about 18 months or more and I'd be in profit - and maybe just a little bit better at playing :)

[quote name='bubinga5' post='779276' date='Mar 18 2010, 11:15 PM']Barrie where do you get them from...you must seek help for this terrible addiction..nice to see your sticking with the Sei.ive come to my senses with the J ..is it a ggod un[/quote]

I think I may be out of control!

2 new basses incoming (hopefully) very soon. . .

Something else has come up that I have my beady little eyes on so willing to listen to lower offers on this for a straight sale now :)

If it helps here are some additional pics - they really don't work anywhere near as well as Mr Sadowsky's official pics in terms of showing just how nice this bass is though!

I accepted an offer on this at £2K shipped to Europe (which nets out at around £1,925) but the buyer has decided he doesn't want it after all.

Price therefore extended to any BC'ers :)

Definite sale only & cash / direct bank transfer at this price though. . .

[quote name='MB1' post='788226' date='Mar 27 2010, 10:28 PM']MB1. :rolleyes:
...Blimey Barry!...Where d'ya keep getting these tasty basses from?
...have you found a hole in the doctor of basses fence? :lol:[/quote]

I wish - I reckon I could snaffle a few & Nick wouldn't even notice :)

This was actually a PX bass and I was always pretty certain I'd sell it onwards.

Most interest coming from Euro country at the moment.

Bit of a long shot but if anyone is tempted by this and lives near Wolverhampton or Manchester then I'm heading up that way this weekend & could deliver for free :)

Heading up the M40 past Birmingham today & then on to Wolverhampton. Up to Manchester on Sunday until Tuesday AM & staying in Salford area.