Why become a member? ×

Cetera's COMPLETE p*rn collection - update on Page 5!

cetera

[quote name='Spoombung' post='775728' date='Mar 15 2010, 09:33 PM']Impressive. Where do you keep all those basses? Do you live in a warehouse?[/quote]

Most don't live with me. I have them in secure storage and I swap them back & forth for fun and according to what functions/deps/gigs I'm doing etc... :)

[quote name='chriswilliams666' post='775797' date='Mar 15 2010, 10:34 PM']Hey Dude
Am I the only one who likes the '87 Jazz Special? If you ever part with it, i want first dibs! haha
PS. Is it the one with the black painted neck? - i have an identical one in all black.[/quote]

It is indeed.... and sounds awesome! :)

I'm more surprised that noone has mentioned the gorgeous white 70's Jazz RI to be honest - I thought that would be very popular?!

[quote name='jmesa' post='776061' date='Mar 16 2010, 10:41 AM']That black Geddy Wal is my dream bass Gary! :lol:
First dibs if you ever decide to sell ???!! :rolleyes:[/quote]

Tell me about it.... I've wanted one for 10 years! You now have 2nd dibs.... as the seller wants 1st dibs to buy it BACK! :)
As soon as I told the seller I would have it & started to sell my gear to raise the dosh he began having second thoughts. I ended up selling 2 Spectors, a Charvel, an Epi Tbird & a DeArmond Pilot in order to raise the dosh.... and he kept to his word about selling to me as I'd already made such huge gear sacrifices to get it...

[quote name='jmesa' post='776061' date='Mar 16 2010, 10:41 AM']In the meantime, I'm off to find [b]OVER 2k[/b] for your Wenge Mk1 :lol:[/quote]

Edited that for you mate.... :lol:
Not sure if I'll sell, trying not to if I can help it tbh...

Edited by cetera

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='775405' date='Mar 15 2010, 05:02 PM']I've suddenly come over all inadequate! :)[/quote]
+1

I feel pretty inadequate now too!!

Gary, that is an [u]amazing[/u] collection you have there.... I have bad gas now!!!

Edited by Clarky72

[quote name='Clarky72' post='776150' date='Mar 16 2010, 12:26 PM']+1
I feel pretty inadequate now too!!

Gary, that is an [u]amazing[/u] collection you have there.... I have bad gas now!!![/quote]

Thanks mate.... but don't feel inadequate!.... It's not how many basses you've got, it's what you do with them :)
Luckily I play mine A LOT! :rolleyes:

[quote name='Clarky72']Surprised I didn't see an Ibanez Iceman bass in there though mate?[/quote]

I know.... I love that shape... but more for guitar than bass. I find the shape a little unwieldy....

wow what a collection love the the 1987 white jazz and as for the wals!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i remember the first time i heard a wal live it was back in the early 80's with the bass player from bow wow wow i stood there trans fixed could not believe the sounds he got from that bass

That's not a bad idea mate! You never know.... there are a few [i]more[/i] I'd like.... :rolleyes: :)

A new Spector 'Forte-X' for starters!!

[url="http://www.spectorbass.com/bass_us_forte4x.html"]http://www.spectorbass.com/bass_us_forte4x.html[/url]

Edited by cetera

[quote name='Clarky' post='782866' date='Mar 22 2010, 10:34 PM']Been looking through again, cetera, and your black fretted 'Geddy' spec Wal is my fave. Gorgeous[/quote]

Cheers mate..... it's strung with very light gauge 'Funkmaster' strings like Geddy used which is kinda interesting for me as I've always used 45-105's....

It plays beautifully & has a cracking tone! :)

Sorry Rhys, the Hamer Impact is a VERY rare model & it took me years to find one at a good price. It won't be leaving me anytime soon :)

Yep, big props here too for the original 70's Ibanez PS10. A superb guitar, better build & sound than any Les Paul IMHO!

[quote name='cetera' post='796805' date='Apr 5 2010, 06:27 PM']Sorry Rhys, the Hamer Impact is a VERY rare model & it took me years to find one at a good price. It won't be leaving me anytime soon :rolleyes:[/quote]

plus i've already got dibs! :)