Why become a member? ×

tech amp bad cab!

CHRISDABASS

Hahhaa, they discussed this on talkbass, and the normal argument of 'dont mix drivers' came up. I dont really think Tecamp would make a cab that doesnt work...they make fantastic gear.

Even if you shouldnt mix drivers, phase issues, and all that, I bet it sounds IMMENSE if you have an amp powerful enough.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='752834' date='Feb 21 2010, 09:45 AM']I dont really think Tecamp would make a cab that doesnt work..[/quote]And I don't think companies sell 'male enhancement' drugs that don't work either. :)
All the existence of this monstrosity proves is that even a company with reputation for offering well engineered products like Tecamp isn't above offering a POS if the money is right.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='752834' date='Feb 21 2010, 02:45 PM']Hahhaa, they discussed this on talkbass, and the normal argument of 'dont mix drivers' came up. I dont really think Tecamp would make a cab that doesnt work...they make fantastic gear.[/quote]

The "Don't mix drivers" argument is about using different size drivers for the same frequency range. I would think that thing would have some sort of crossover in it.

Still pointless though. It looks like a promotional gimmick to me.

Edited by AndyMartin

[quote name='AndyMartin' post='752944' date='Feb 21 2010, 11:35 AM']. I would think that thing would have some sort of crossover in it.[/quote] I doubt it. Between using drivers so close to each other in size, placing them on the horizontal plane, having the cab far too small to support acoustic loading of the drivers and not having a driver in there capable of wide dispersion in the mids why would they screw up things by doing one thing right in using a crossover? :)
[quote]Still pointless though. It looks like a promotional gimmick to me.[/quote]
Absolutely.

[quote name='The Funk' post='753161' date='Feb 21 2010, 07:48 PM']Leaving aside the cab's acoustical properties, it's just not very sexy is it?[/quote]

And at 54kg its not going to be easy to shift, especially since if you spent that much on a cap you would want it flightcased too. Imagine the weight then.

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='752829' date='Feb 21 2010, 02:35 PM']This thing is mad[/quote]

'Even at lower volume this monster lets you feel what you play due to the large amount of air which is being moved.'

Not to mention the large amount of air being moved as you take the cash out of your wallet to pay for it ^_^

Edited by discreet

That looks like the sort of cab which might be designed after reading and believing too many posts on an internet bass forum....

I can't tell if they did it to cater to the wants of people who don't know better (but insist they do), or if they did it just as some sort of ironic inside joke. If ever there was a parody of a bass cab, it might be this.