Why become a member? ×

take care

maddude16

[quote name='ped' post='745203' date='Feb 14 2010, 08:02 PM']Very easy to prove otherwise with a few simple answers. We'll see, I guess. Just doing our bit to protect the kind folk of BC from being misled and ripped off. Hamster is being entirely reasonable and sensitive, but as far as I know, he is still waiting.

ped[/quote]

I wouldn't be surprised if someone was trying to pull the wool over our eyes. It is after all a well known fact that bass players are some of the kindest and most generous people you are ever likely to come across. :)

In all seriousness though, what Hamster has done is indicative of how the forum is run, and makes it what it is, a place to be proud of.

[quote name='Marvin' post='745251' date='Feb 14 2010, 08:46 PM']I wouldn't be surprised if someone was trying to pull the wool over our eyes. It is after all a well known fact that bass players are some of the kindest and most generous people you are ever likely to come across. :)

In all seriousness though, what Hamster has done is indicative of how the forum is run, and makes it what it is, a place to be proud of.[/quote]

Quite possibly. I've just had a nose around the local Guernsey new sites and I can't find anything about a suicide or the name Jimmy/James Preston.

Edited by Linus27

if the family have requested privacy it may not show up in the mainstream media?

If it is a scam it seems a bit elaborate just to fleece £3 each off a bunch of Basschaters? Unless there is more to it?

However conjecture is not good, and +1 to waiting for the facts.

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='745289' date='Feb 14 2010, 09:17 PM']if the family have requested privacy it may not show up in the mainstream media?

[b]If it is a scam it seems a bit elaborate just to fleece £3 each off a bunch of Basschaters? Unless there is more to it?
[/b]
However conjecture is not good, and +1 to waiting for the facts.[/quote]

Would appear a little elaborate. Just have to wait and see.

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='745186' date='Feb 14 2010, 07:51 PM']The original posting from Jimmy seemed way over the top, which is why I responded with a joke. I'm sure other BC's thought the same.[/quote]

I agree, Mrs Thunderbird is dyslexic and so is her son so I'm aware of the help that is avaiable , including computer programs which help the writing. Still I think its best if noone judges anyone else until we get the full story. I would ask the mods that they could inform us of any developments to avoid any illwill

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='745289' date='Feb 14 2010, 09:17 PM']if the family have requested privacy it may not show up in the mainstream media?[/quote]
Not necessarily..... if police were called (which they would have been as it would have been a 'scene of crime' until facts are established) then press are sent the facts as a matter of procedure. WHETHER they decide to go to print or not (as a mark of respect) is down to the editorial staff.

I do hope this works out though and it was simply an over emotive forum member struglling with grief.

[quote name='Mrs Tinman' post='745773' date='Feb 15 2010, 12:51 PM']I have only just caught up with all of this and I didn't want to just read it and run but at the moment [b]I'm not sure what to say or think about any of it[/b] :)[/quote]

You're not the only one. I was throughly moved by the original post by Madddude, and was going to give very generously, partly to clear my own conscience about something that happened on another forum, and also to give maddude the praise he deserved. Now, if this turns out the way I think it might, my faith in human kindness will be pretty much gone.

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='745842' date='Feb 15 2010, 01:46 PM']

"... as this drama enters its second day, thousands have joined the silent vigil in the plaza below the BassChat Tower. I have to tell you, Frank, the atmosphere here is ... [i]electric[/i]."[/quote]

Our diplomatic correspondent is standing outside Stringfellows Club waiting to report on the latest developments. The story has nothing to do with with Stringfellows - he just likes standing there.

And in true rolling news style, we shall ask our correspondent if there is anything new to report despite the fact we all know that there is nothing new to report. :) Just make sure he gets a cup of tea. And if anything does 'pop up' make sure you cover it up quickly. :rolleyes:

Edited by Marvin

I hope this isn't one big farce. I'm a +1 on the faking your own death isn't cool. A guy I know actually did the unmentionable a little over a week ago and it's quite blatant that it's not only himself that's been hurt. To fake it over a forum for money would just be down right despicable. I certainly hope this isn' the case.

On a lighter note... Taggart only ever said "there's been a murder" once in the whole series. It's a shame really haha

Chris