Why become a member? ×

B.I.L.F.

Pete Academy

[quote name='Tinman' post='729009' date='Jan 29 2010, 05:58 PM']Ah, GAD....that must be the much more severe and possibly fatal version of GAS, where the afflicted are seen to stand in music shops wide-eyed, drooling and wetting themselves. :)[/quote]
Sorry... was too busy drooling over the bass to notice what I was typing.. :rolleyes:

[quote name='alexharvay' post='729033' date='Jan 29 2010, 06:28 PM']GAD? What's that? Gear Acquisition Disorder? Where your GAS gets to the point of being beyond a syndrome and becomes a disorder?[/quote]
A precise and eloquent description. Is there any treatment?

[quote name='silddx' post='728821' date='Jan 29 2010, 03:41 PM']:)

BTW, it's not "white", it's "with milk".[/quote]
That is a beautiful bass .

I have an 88 Streamer and i have spent a fortune buying and selling basses from Kingbasses to Jazz and i keep going back to that Warwick. With new strings on it broke in its UNTOUCHABLE .

[quote name='Rich' post='728844' date='Jan 29 2010, 03:57 PM']

Whenever I see this pic of this extraordinary bass, I start wondering if perhaps I should have gone for a gloss finish on my Shuke rather than the satin one. That top is beautiful.

Errm, you're not offending anybody... that's actually what I was getting at when i said that the basic concept of PC is a good one [i]unless it is taken to extremes[/i] (e.g. your blackboard example, which as far as I am aware is very much the exception rather than the norm -- [size=5]it certainly never happened at [i]my[/i] school in the 80s[/size]).[/quote]
Who you trying to kid Rich you'd left WAY before then :)

[quote name='bubinga5' post='729355' date='Jan 30 2010, 12:28 AM']a line up of wonderfull instruments..these are bloody beautiful...i nearly bought the first Pensa.....missed that one...dohhh!!

for some reason i love the green Pensa, and the silver F Bass??[/quote]

I prefer the Roscoe, but then I'm biased. :)

[quote name='silddx' post='727965' date='Jan 28 2010, 06:58 PM']None of us is "sensitive little flowers or easily offended" mate. Some of the chat that goes on in some of my bands would probably make [u][i]you [/i][/u]wince or puke.

The point is if you want to talk about sex, you can do it without sounding like On The f***ing Buses. Circulating titillating pictures of women with decent cleavage on a bass forum [u][b]without a sense of irony[/b][/u] is about as 14 years old in the 1970s as I can think of. It's also interesting to note that those who say their MILF, FILF, BILF, etc. threads display a great sense of humour appear to lose that sense of humour at the first sign of criticism.

To be perfectly honest, you and BlameLouis come across like you grew up in a Catholic Convent. Stop just talking about [b]it [/b]and bloody do [b]it[/b], and do [b]it [/b]well, or she'll leave you like the last one did.[/quote]
To be honest that does sound a little like a personal attack, but like Louis, I forgive you. It’s just the way that we were brought up.

I actually agree with you about some of the ‘humour’ about sex sounding like that a 14 year old boy, but my point was that the reaction to PeteAcademy was heavy handed and that the thread was no where near offensive enough to warrant that.

Sorry about, the delay in replying – no computer for a few days!

[quote name='peteb' post='729674' date='Jan 30 2010, 02:04 PM']To be honest that does sound a little like a personal attack, but like Louis, I forgive you. It’s just the way that we were brought up.

I actually agree with you about some of the ‘humour’ about sex sounding like that a 14 year old boy, but my point was that the reaction to PeteAcademy was heavy handed and that the thread was no where near offensive enough to warrant that.

Sorry about, the delay in replying – no computer for a few days![/quote]
Dude, it's in no way a personal attack, sorry if it came across that way.

Like I've said a few times, the thread in itself was not what pissed me off, it's the way a few BCers start dissing the Mods for their, in my opinion completely correct, decision to lock the thread. And quite often these attacks on the mods are quite personal.

I also get really riled by the way that some folks seem to think when these threads are closed, it indicates BC and its members have no sense of humour, like to be humorous you have to snigger at pictures of girls in wet t-shirts. Unlike Beavis and Butthead, there is no irony in it, and if you look around, there is great humour, heated debate and wry wit in abundance.

Take it easy.
Nigel