Why become a member? ×

tjkennelly, RIP

Happy Jack

[quote name='Beedster' post='721523' date='Jan 22 2010, 06:49 PM']Really sorry to hear that Jack. Thoughts to his family and friends, and to the band

C[/quote]
+1

That's so utterly sad. My daughter is 19 so it resonates very strongly with me...Sincere condolences Jack.

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='721516' date='Jan 22 2010, 06:44 PM']I am desperately sorry to have to tell you that tjkennelly has just died.

Tim had achieved his life's ambition, to go on tour with a metal band. His band (their name is now quite appalling - [i]After Death[/i]) had reached Brazil and went swimming yesterday on a day off. One of the guitarists got into difficulty in heavy surf and Tim tried to go to his aid. They both drowned.

Tim was 18 and a good friend of my daughter's. He spent many hours playing my basses (and drooling over them) and it was me who introduced him to Basschat. He was a really lovely guy and I thought of him as a friend and fellow musician, rather than as one of my daughter's mates.

Tim came from a background that was far from privileged. His performance in school was impressive and he would have gone to university in the autumn. What he achieved in his short life was down to his native intelligence, his dedication, and his excellent sense of humour.

I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am to be writing this. I will really miss Tim.

Jack[/quote]

wow, that's tragic. I think one thing though is that it sounds like he's lived more in 18 years than many people who grow to an old age. Having said that, it also sounds like he had a hell of a lot more living left to do. Very sorry to hear it mate. It's always very hard to deal with when a family member or friend just dies so suddenly like this, but just try to remember that really you were lucky to have even known him.

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='722691' date='Jan 23 2010, 10:56 PM']+1

That's so utterly sad. My daughter is 19 so it resonates very strongly with me...Sincere condolences Jack.[/quote]

Being 18 and (hopefully) off to uni in september myself, i know exactly how you feel.

Edited by EdwardHimself

[quote name='TimR' post='725794' date='Jan 26 2010, 09:57 PM']Very sad news indeed.

As if things couldn't be any worse, on BBC London yesterday his father was interviewed saying they had no travel insurance and they are looking at bill for £10,000+ each to repatriate to the UK. That's just terrible.[/quote]
That's true, their record label have started an appeal to raise some money to help.
More information [url="http://www.deathtollrecords.com/store/store-after-death.html"]here[/url]
Tragic loss..

[quote name='bluesparky' post='726362' date='Jan 27 2010, 02:18 PM']Their record label have started an appeal to raise some money to help.
More information [url="http://www.deathtollrecords.com/store/store-after-death.html"]here[/url]
Tragic loss..[/quote]

Thanks for bumping this. I missed it the first time. Utterly, utterly devastating news. I'm in shock and almost in tears here... My own teenagers play guitars and want to tour the world with bands when they get a bit older. Christ. Tim should have been doing this - living his dream - for years to come. It's so sad and so unfair.

Might I suggest that people help in a small way by donating or buying a copy of their CD by following the above link...

Terrible tragedy. RIP.