Why become a member? ×

New Band????

yorick

[quote name='yorick' post='712238' date='Jan 14 2010, 09:47 AM']It's Free/Bad company/Paul Rodgers/Queen stuff. Basically covering Paul Rodgers' career.[/quote]

That sounds like a great gig to get. Can't go wrong with that stuff. Best of luck tonight.

Ps, after Free and before Bad Company, I saw Paul Rogers in another band he'd put together called Peace. Only saw them once at the Cook's Ferry Inn in Edmonton. Think it fell to bits after about 4 gigs and then he had Bad Company up and running.

Also in The Firm with Page and briefly had a project called The Law as well as his solo stuff and the Muddy Waters tribute album, plenty of material to draw on through the years. I saw him 10yrs or so back on a solo tour and wasn't expecting much but I was knocked out by how good a shape his voice was still in and it was a good mix of his career in the set, great night.

job well done mate congrats.
i know what hard work that is as i've just joined a new band doing a lot of Chic & Sister Sledge / funk stuff,which is a big culture shock for me after 30 years of playing blues/classic rock.

obviously what you now need is a nice short scale Gibson bass (ala Andy Fraser) & there just so happens to be one in the for sale section :) .
APPOLOGIES FOR SHAMELESS & RATHER PATHETIC PLUG :rolleyes:

Edited by artisan

Ha, this is my old gig. Nigel replied to my wanted advert for a replacement bass player last week.

I met him last night, and he seems like a really nice guy and I hope he enjoys himself.

And good luck with learning all of the songs, there are some really nice bass lines in the Free stuff. I never actually got around to learning most of it, I just used to make it up :).