Why become a member? ×

gone

walplayer

Any pics?
bump in the meantime

[quote name='walplayer' post='708914' date='Jan 11 2010, 03:00 PM']I've got an excellent Tune fretless 4 which i'm gonna have to let go(about to become a dad again!serves me right!)
It's an original Japanese one from '86,with 2octave neck and the skewed bridge .
It's an ash body and maple laminated neck. 3 band eq and volume controls and piezo bridge pick ups.

Finished in a nice pearlescent off-white. (Just needs some dr black beauties to complete the look!!!)
These are very rare. When i bought it i had the chance to buy one of the ibanez willis signature (the cheaper all black one) this was far better imo.

If you haven't tried a piezo fretless you should,they're great to play react nicely to your right hand pressure .With rounds on you get all classic f'less tones plus it nails percy jones type piezo sounds .With flats you get very convincing double bass/eub sounds.

I'm looking for £360 for it will get some pics up soon.
Cheers[/quote]

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='719194' date='Jan 20 2010, 04:14 PM']What's the board made out of? I really like the look of this thing - don't suppose you have any clips of it recorded, I've never heard a piezo fretless?[/quote]

These basses are superb! The fingerboard is ebonol, I think! We had two in stock when I were a lad working at Music Village - lovely! Highly recommended!

Nick

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='719209' date='Jan 20 2010, 04:24 PM']These basses are superb! The fingerboard is ebonol, I think! We had two in stock when I were a lad working at Music Village - lovely! Highly recommended!

Nick[/quote]

Cheers Nick
Think i remember them selling them,think they did a 3 octave version too!!
Pete

[quote name='BBass' post='724347' date='Jan 25 2010, 06:05 PM']Excellent basses. A friend of mine had a fretted 4 that was an absolute dream to play and sounded amazing.

The neck was so fast and smooth. Very, very impressive.

Do they still make Tune basses?

Have a bump![/quote]
I was in a music shop in Dublin about three years ago and they had about five of them.
So must be still making them.

Edited by blamelouis

Surprised they still make them as I haven't seen one for years.

Just checked their website though (www.tuneguitars.com) and they make quite a few different models.

Prices seem pretty reasonable too...

Bryan

Edited by BBass

There's 2 companies making them. The site that you've linked to is the cheaper Korean version. Here's the Japanese site.

[url="http://www.cc.rim.or.jp/~tune/"]http://www.cc.rim.or.jp/~tune/[/url]

If you search around they've got a gallery of the custom orders that they've made. This one's an 86 that I'm selling

[quote name='BBass' post='724770' date='Jan 26 2010, 12:51 AM']Surprised they still make them as I haven't seen one for years.

Just checked their website though (www.tuneguitars.com) and they make quite a few different models.

Prices seem pretty reasonable too...

Bryan[/quote]

[quote name='evoman' post='727132' date='Jan 27 2010, 11:52 PM']Is the fretboard coated? it looks shiny for ebony or ebanol. Are there any grooves in the fretboard surface?[/quote]

Not much string marks if thats what you mean ...and the string marks that are there polish out.Yeah i think is ebonol as mentioned earlier up the thread. Come try it out if you're interested.

Edited by walplayer

Haha I saw this exact bass, same colour and everything in a guitar mag back when I first started playing bass (1990-ish?) and I thought it was the coolest thing I had ever seen.

I'd literally never seen another one until this thread. Tempted to have it for nostalgia's sake but I'm supposed to be saving for a DB. :)

Edited by thisnameistaken