Why become a member? ×

Bergantino rigs

Plux_the_Duck

[quote]Berg IP310 with pres, sounded great but not loud enough for me[/quote]

Not loud enough?!?!? Do you have particularly intense volume requirements? Or is it quieter than one might think when fully cranked?

Edited by mcgraham

[quote name='mcgraham' post='705126' date='Jan 8 2010, 08:58 AM']Not loud enough?!?!? Do you have particularly intense volume requirements? Or is it quieter than one might think when fully cranked?[/quote]

It hurts my ears.

[quote name='Raggy' post='704903' date='Jan 7 2010, 10:37 PM']Really?????? :rolleyes: :)

AE series looks just like any another make of cab to me[/quote]

No, for a couple of reasons, the finish is gorgeous, the attention to detail (those B's on the sides really really look cool) and the tinyness.

The AE410 in particular, its a full on 410, as good as any other you can buy, at any cost IMO, yet its also the smallest 410 out there, it is tiny (have another look at the piccy of mine and Plux's rigs next to each other). I love the fact that it looks so much smaller than a 'traditional' 410, and yet puts out a tone to match anything else at a volume that knocks down walls. Its pure class!

The AE210s on the other hand are only 12" deep, which looks great on a 210.

In contrast to my mind the diminutive depth of the NV series looks a lot less cool, its just IMO though, and they do look fab, they just all remind me a bit much of the old HH 215s and the like. Very cool but not as cool as the AE series.

At the end of the day though, who cares, they are the best looking cabs as well as the best sounding that you can get IMO. I'd be chuffed to have any of them behind me at a gig!!

[quote name='51m0n' post='705262' date='Jan 8 2010, 10:52 AM']No, for a couple of reasons, the finish is gorgeous, the attention to detail (those B's on the sides really really look cool) and the tinyness.

At the end of the day though, who cares, they are the best looking cabs as well as the best sounding that you can get IMO. I'd be chuffed to have any of them behind me at a gig!![/quote]

I think it was the finish and size that put me off of them really. 2 as a stack would be nice to see tho :)

Agree with you there, the Bergs do have that certain presence at a gig!

If I go Berg again it will be ceramic again. I'm thinking big NV cab, or two small 12s.

I appreciate the AEs have a great look, and weigh less, but when I A/B'ed some to me there was an inherent neo aggressive honk which is nice, but I'd rather dial it in. Weight now has become a non issue for me, my tone preferences come first.

Not knocking neo bergs, incredible kit!

[quote name='Musicman20' post='705462' date='Jan 8 2010, 01:52 PM']If I go Berg again it will be ceramic again. I'm thinking big NV cab, or two small 12s.

I appreciate the AEs have a great look, and weigh less, but when I A/B'ed some to me there was an inherent neo aggressive honk which is nice, but I'd rather dial it in. Weight now has become a non issue for me, my tone preferences come first.

Not knocking neo bergs, incredible kit![/quote]

Dont forget to try the HS410 though! Phenominal cab, occasionally they go secopnd hand on here for daft money!

I dont really notice a honk, but the ae410 has a bit of an upper mid agressive character that I like, although the sa450 allows me to dial that out if I want.

[quote name='Raggy' post='705318' date='Jan 8 2010, 11:34 AM']I think it was the finish and size that put me off of them really. [b]2 as a stack would be nice to see tho[/b] :)

Agree with you there, the Bergs do have that certain presence at a gig![/quote]

Youser!

[quote name='mcgraham' post='705126' date='Jan 8 2010, 08:58 AM']Not loud enough?!?!? Do you have particularly intense volume requirements? Or is it quieter than one might think when fully cranked?[/quote]Eh? :)

It's not the loudness of it, it's that it didn't give me that stage slam, umph, lowdown dirty groove that 6 speakers in a big cab gives, it sounds fecking amazing though.
Jim should have made it a 4x10 @ 4 ohms but it is nice and small and for its size is a giant.

Edited by steve-soar

[quote name='steve-soar' post='705891' date='Jan 8 2010, 07:12 PM']Eh? :)

It's not the loudness of it, it's that it didn't give me that stage slam, umph, lowdown dirty groove that 6 speakers in a big cab gives, it sounds fecking amazing though.
Jim should have made it a 4x10 @ 4 ohms but it is nice and small and for its size is a giant.[/quote]

As the more than satisfied owner of the IP310 in question I would agree with Steve. I had an NV610 before this and that had "big space" filling whump. I would happily own both, but that would be silly. The IP has more than enough on stage grunt for most gigs I do, but for really big spaces/outdoor work it needs PA support to fill the space. When all is said and done, it is a 3x10 and physics is physics. It will easily fight and conquer any drummer.

[quote name='birdy' post='705567' date='Jan 8 2010, 03:05 PM']Berg IP 112 Stack! Change your preamp to suit your mood :)[/quote]

Allo!

Wondered when you'd turn up matey :rolleyes:

No pics of said rig.

Anyone whose interested I had a go on this when I went to pick up Plux's HT115, now that really is the ultimate portable powerhouse tone monster rig (the bass is, you know, 'ok' and all too :lol:)

[quote name='mcgraham' post='705583' date='Jan 8 2010, 03:18 PM']Out of interest birdy, what preamps have you amassed for use with the IP?[/quote]

I tried the Radial bassbone and a sansamp initially which sounded good and then got the Summit which was great. Currently got the EBS classic preamp which I really like and a microdrive as backup.

Hmm, maybe I should try some more!!!

Will take a pic of the rig at tonights gig and post later!!

Steve

[quote name='Plux_the_Duck' post='706096' date='Jan 8 2010, 10:19 PM']I wondered when you'd notice birdy, dad - you're getting slow with age...[/quote]

Just so that you know your family history, your 15 came from Ari originally. It had a 2x10 brother which went to Garbev.

[quote name='owen' post='706518' date='Jan 9 2010, 01:26 PM']Just so that you know your family history, your 15 came from Ari originally. It had a 2x10 brother which went to Garbev.[/quote]

thanks for letting me know, I wonder where if this is the 2x10, I doubt it - they have different knobs on the tweeter control