Why become a member? ×

I might as well stop now...

Bloodaxe

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='699448' date='Jan 3 2010, 01:13 PM']Wow... I really like Colin H., but the response to Max's relatively inoffensive comment is way out of proportion IMO.[/quote]
Agreed. Seemed more like calling a spade a spade - blunt maybe, but not particularly rude.

Are we not missing the point of debate here ?

If you only give an opinion on things you like we would all turn out to be back-slappin sicophants. I see no problem with dissing something if it doesn't float your boat.

In the thread on Hootenany there were some rather derogatory remarks about 'the black guy' and not wishing to mention him by his 'silly name' but thats just opinion , not one that I can comprehend but I didn't have a go at the poster for expressing it.
I think Dizzy is superb and has been a breath of fresh air especially with his collaborations.

Personally I think the clips of Carl Hodgkinson were pretty lame and he comes across as a frustrated lead guitarist and it looks like he is still at it.....

But his fans like him obviously , which is all that matters I suppose, I would rather poke pins in my eyes..... :)

[quote name='Prosebass' post='699465' date='Jan 3 2010, 01:23 PM']Are we not missing the point of debate here ?

If you only give an opinion on things you like we would all turn out to be back-slappin sicophants. I see no problem with dissing something if it doesn't float your boat.

In the thread on Hootenany there were some rather derogatory remarks about 'the black guy' and not wishing to mention him by his 'silly name' but thats just opinion , not one that I can comprehend but I didn't have a go at the poster for expressing it.
I think Dizzy is superb and has been a breath of fresh air especially with his collaborations.

Personally I think the clips of Carl Hodgkinson were pretty lame and he comes across as a frustrated lead guitarist and it looks like he is still at it.....

But his fans like him obviously , which is all that matters I suppose, I would rather poke pins in my eyes..... :)

[/quote]

Is Carl Colin's brother?

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='699448' date='Jan 3 2010, 01:13 PM']Wow... I really like Colin H., but the response to Max's relatively inoffensive comment is way out of proportion IMO.[/quote]

lame, stupid hair, crap sweater, sh*ttest bass sounds I've ever heard, dull, toneless voice, sounded like arse, look like self-indulgent arse.

relatively inoffensive? :) :rolleyes: lol

anywhoo, i got a bug up my butt from the lack of tact displayed rather than the words used. and have moved to pm.

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='699475' date='Jan 3 2010, 01:30 PM']In my world there's considerable difference between saying that you don't like something or that it doesn't float your boat and labeling it lame :rolleyes:

The interweb however is a flawed medium for expressing oneself.[/quote]

Indeed , much better in the pub face to face where you can punch the person you disagree with :)

[quote name='wotnwhy' post='699480' date='Jan 3 2010, 01:33 PM']lame, stupid hair, crap sweater, sh*ttest bass sounds I've ever heard, dull, toneless voice, sounded like arse, look like self-indulgent arse.

relatively inoffensive? :) :rolleyes: lol

anywhoo, i got a bug up my butt from the lack of tact displayed rather than the words used. and have moved to pm.[/quote]

Note that [i]all but one[/i] of those terms were used [i]after[/i] having been personally insulted by your good self. So, you know, "[i]relatively[/i] inoffensive"...

I'm also not interested in discussing it with you via PM. I don't know what you're expecting.

Well I enjoyed it, great playing and lifted my spirits this afternoon. Thanks for posting the clips guys.

Horses for courses.... I found the Dizee track unbearable, but then I find all that genre unfathomable carp, don't like having someone shout their opinions at me disguised as music. And before any self righteous zealot screams racist, John Cooper Clarke was doing the same thing in the late 70's and that was 'king awful too. :)

Edited by MSL

[quote name='wotnwhy' post='699480' date='Jan 3 2010, 01:33 PM']lame, stupid hair, crap sweater, sh*ttest bass sounds I've ever heard, dull, toneless voice, sounded like arse, look like self-indulgent arse.

relatively inoffensive? :) :rolleyes: lol[/quote]

To be fair, you brought it down to that level...

Just sayin'.

[quote name='MSL' post='699498' date='Jan 3 2010, 01:44 PM']Well I enjoyed it, great playing and lifted my spirits this afternoon. Thanks for posting the clips guys.

Horses for courses.... I found the Dizee track unbearable, but then I find all that genre unfathomable carp, don't like having someone shout their opinions at me disguised as music. And before any self righteous zealot screams racist, John Cooper Clarke was doing the same thing in the late 70's and that was 'king awful too.[/quote]

Unfathomable carp? Isn't that a fish that can't get very far below the water?

You see, I just don't get it when someone posts in a dergotary fashion to criticise something that someone else enjoys. If you don't like something, and you want to express your opinion, just say it's something that doesn't do it for you. Or better still say nothing at all. To incite fans of something by using language which is obviously geared to inflame said fans is inviting argument and heated response. Of course, that may be the intention of the post.

Let me put it another way: Grow up and live and let live!

[quote name='MSL' post='699498' date='Jan 3 2010, 01:44 PM']Well I enjoyed it, great playing and lifted my spirits this afternoon. Thanks for posting the clips guys.

Horses for courses.... I found the Dizee track unbearable, but then I find all that genre unfathomable carp, don't like having someone shout their opinions at me disguised as music. And before any self righteous zealot screams racist, John Cooper Clarke was doing the same thing in the late 70's and that was 'king awful too.[/quote]

You racist zealot you....'unbearable' 'carp' how dare you ? wash your mouth out young man and don't ever use such terms on a forum again.

Lets discuss puppies and kittens again.... :)

[quote name='Hutton' post='699509' date='Jan 3 2010, 01:48 PM']You see, I just don't get it when someone posts in a dergotary fashion to criticise something that someone else enjoys. If you don't like something, and you want to express your opinion, just say it's something that doesn't do it for you. Or better still say nothing at all. To incite fans of something by using language which is obviously geared to inflame said fans is inviting argument and heated response. Of course, that may be the intention of the post.

Let me put it another way: Grow up and live and let live![/quote]

Nah, rubbish. I don't go calling people d*ckheads for their taste in music, but on the other other hand I'm not going to mince around delicately when I think something sucks. The OP understood that my comment wasn't a personal attack on him (although not everyone else did). If someone tells me they think that Pearl Jam are a load of sh*t I'm not going to get all shirty and spit my dummy, even though I happen to like them. I don't interpret it as some sort of provocation. If I wasn't able to take negative discussion about my personal tastes I wouldn't air them.

[quote name='maxrossell' post='699524' date='Jan 3 2010, 01:54 PM']Nah, rubbish. I don't go calling people d*ckheads for their taste in music, but on the other other hand I'm not going to mince around delicately when I think something sucks. The OP understood that my comment wasn't a personal attack on him (although not everyone else did). If someone tells me they think that Pearl Jam are a load of sh*t I'm not going to get all shirty and spit my dummy, even though I happen to like them. I don't interpret it as some sort of provocation. If I wasn't able to take negative discussion about my personal tastes I wouldn't air them.[/quote]

Nah, I just think you like to argue. This is your lifeblood. No wonder various people have got fed up and left these forums. It's my turn now and jolly good riddance to me!

[quote name='Hutton' post='699509' date='Jan 3 2010, 01:48 PM']You see, I just don't get it when someone posts in a dergotary fashion to criticise something that someone else enjoys. If you don't like something, and you want to express your opinion, just say it's something that doesn't do it for you. Or better still say nothing at all. To incite fans of something by using language which is obviously geared to inflame said fans is inviting argument and heated response. Of course, that may be the intention of the post.

Let me put it another way: Grow up and live and let live![/quote]

Does this apply to all subjects or just bassists ?

I would prefer to see reasons as to why people don't like something, but then how would you explain a dislike ( or a like) of Jedward ?