Why become a member? ×

I might as well stop now...

Bloodaxe

[quote name='maxrossell' post='699524' date='Jan 3 2010, 01:54 PM']If someone tells me they think that Pearl Jam are a load of sh*t I'm not going to get all shirty and spit my dummy,[/quote]

You should, it's what YouTube's for. :)

Edited by Sean

[quote name='MSL' post='699530' date='Jan 3 2010, 01:58 PM']excellent. :) :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Passeth all undertaking is a motorpike and side carp. :lol:[/quote]

Rule 1: It's only an Internet
Rule 2: Life's too bloody short
Rule 3: Please! Don't start the Fish Puns Thread! - Consider yourself [i]warned[/i]

[quote name='Hutton' post='699526' date='Jan 3 2010, 01:57 PM']Nah, I just think you like to argue. This is your lifeblood. No wonder various people have got fed up and left these forums. It's my turn now and jolly good riddance to me![/quote]

On the whole, actually, I like to be able to point out when I think something is sh*t without people acting like I've just punched their mother. The fact that people get their knickers in a twist about what they perceive to be such a [i]controversial[/i] matter as some guy slagging off a naff video on a forum, lose their cool and start passing personal remarks, is what tends to lead to arguments. If you feel you can't take that kind of heat, then maybe the internet isn't the right environment for you, but really, honestly, [i]it's nothing to get worked up about.[/i]

Edited by maxrossell

[quote name='Hutton' post='699526' date='Jan 3 2010, 01:57 PM']Nah, I just think you like to argue. This is your lifeblood. No wonder various people have got fed up and left these forums. It's my turn now and jolly good riddance to me![/quote]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teMlv3ripSM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teMlv3ripSM[/url]

I didn't particularly like the clips of Colin Hodgkinson. Much in agreement with Prosebass, he seems to be a frustrated guitarist. Don't much like the tone either, way to clanky for my picky palette.

This is a discussion forum, and if someone thinks something isn't much cop then they're going to say so on occasion. I personally didn't see the term 'lame' as offensive. The thread wobbled when this statement came up

[quote]idiot being the only one passable here..[/quote]

You could see how things were going to progress after that.

If someone says " oh that's just the biggest pile of sh1t i've seen" it's not a personal attack on the OP. I'm sure if I were to list my record collection on here it would be met with howls of laughter, but as no one on here really knows me should I take in personally?

Sorry for going way off topic!

[quote name='Marvin' post='699548' date='Jan 3 2010, 02:09 PM']I'm sure if I were to list my record collection on here it would be met with howls of laughter, but as no one on here really knows me should I take in personally?[/quote]

Yes. Yes you should. If I don't approve of your record collection you should hang your head in [i]shame[/i].

Dear Bass Chatters.

I sincerely and without reservation, deeply apologise for mentioning a fish. Had I known at the time that this simple error of judgement would lead to an outbreak of punning of a lowly and intelctually insulting nature, I would never have ventured down that canal of depravity. Now, can anyone lend me sicksquid for a taxi?

Edited by MSL

[quote name='MSL' post='699567' date='Jan 3 2010, 02:27 PM']Dear Bass Chatters.

I sincerely and without reservation, deeply apologise for mentioning a fish. Had I known at the time that this simple error of judgement would lead to an outbreak of punning of a lowly and intelctually insulting nature, I would never have ventured down that canal of depravity. Now, can anyone lend me sicksquid for a taxi?[/quote]
sorry, spent all my cash on prawn..

[quote name='phil.i.stein' post='699573' date='Jan 3 2010, 02:32 PM']sorry, spent all my cash on prawn..[/quote]

[quote name='steve-soar' post='699574' date='Jan 3 2010, 02:32 PM']I think you posted that just for the halibut.[/quote]

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='699575' date='Jan 3 2010, 02:34 PM']Oh come on, guys...haven't you got better fins to do?[/quote]

Ok.ok, stop kicking me in the tentacles. You lot are really crabby today. Thank goodness I didn't say anything about gnomes!

[quote name='phil.i.stein' post='699586' date='Jan 3 2010, 02:43 PM']gnomes - now that would be an'elf of a thread ![/quote]

No No No No!!!!!! Whatever you do, don't start that. The Fairy Godfather will send the boys round. They don't duff you up, they criticise your hair. :)

Regarding the OP, we have a saying in my country which sums up my country's attitude to anything "clever". "Clever" is bad, if someone in my country does something "clever" it means they must be arrogant and suffering a lack of decorum by making his fellows feel inadequate.

The saying is "Too clever by half" and, as a respected commentator recently pointed out, my country must be the only one in the world where such a saying could exist.