Why become a member? ×

Rob Trujillo with a Jazz??

merello

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' post='698317' date='Jan 1 2010, 07:56 PM']If you think that's unusual, the last piece of footage of Deicide I saw clearly showed Glenn Benton playing a black Rickenbacker...[/quote]

He has done for years hasn't he?

[quote name='neilb' post='698311' date='Jan 1 2010, 07:49 PM']Er...its a Precision mate. No surprise, Steve Harris likes em.......so do I.[/quote]

With J p/ups though.

Does that make it a Prezz or a Jacision?

Edited by Maverick

i seen Rob using a few Fenders in the past.

That one with the J pups in it, also he has used a standard P bass with Metallica and also with Black label Society.
He is an awsome bassist and really brings the beef to Metallica, some people dont understand the talent it takes to really pound down the groove in bands like Metallica and get it right.

If you dont understand me, go watch a metal band with a crap bassist! you will understand! (doesnt mean come watch me) lol.

Rob's a very talented bassist but if you're talking about solid groove then I thought Newsted was better for that, but he's a much more 'no frills' bassist than Rob.

I'd also say that in metal, a poor bassist is much easier for the rest of the band to 'carry' than many other kinds of music, unless the bassist is really trying to be up the front, like Steve Harris or Billy Sheehan or something like that. I often think that for a lot of metal bands there's not really much point them even having a bassist, as the bass is often so inaudible and anonymous.

BUT: a good metal band with a good bassist is a joy to behold.

Edited by Maverick

He plays a couple of Nash Precisions (white/tort; black/tort) live* and it might be this is a Nash creation for him, complete with fake F*nder logo. Alternatively he may just have b*stardised a Precision as he has also done with a Rickenbacker I have seen him play live (a green 4003 with humbucking non-Rick pickups IIRC). He likes the Jazz p/u configuration as his standard basses for many years have been Fernandes and Warwick Streamers with J p/u's.

* the black/tort one is showcased in a pic spread in the latest Metallica magazine, So What. Me a nerd, never :)

Edited by Clarky