Why become a member? ×

Thank you Basschat!

RhysP

When I joined the forum in March this year I was at a make or break point with my bass playing.
I'd been a bass player for 30 years but hadn't really touched it for 10 of them, concentrating more on learning to play guitar & keyboards.
I came across the forum by accident while searching for some bass related topic & decided to sign up & see if my interest in bass would be rekindled or whether it would prove to me once and for all that it was time to sell the gear & give up playing altogether.

Fast forward to 31st December and I'm the incredibly proud owner of another Zon, have joined a band for the first time in years due to contacts made on the forum (thanks Matt!), and am also about to go into the studio to record a bunch of songs with another old muso friend who contacted me last week.

Most importantly I am enjoying my playing in a way that I honestly never thought I would again, which is just such a great feeling.

I honestly think that I would have sold all my bass gear by now if I hadn't discovered the wealth of knowledge & the genuinely fantastic bunch of people who make this forum such a useful & valuable resource, as well as just a great place to spend some time (probably too much time actually!).

Thanks for breathing new life into this old bastard - I really appreciate it.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL.

[quote name='RhysP' post='697545' date='Dec 31 2009, 08:13 PM']When I joined the forum in March this year I was at a make or break point with my bass playing.
I'd been a bass player for 30 years but hadn't really touched it for 10 of them, concentrating more on learning to play guitar & keyboards.
I came across the forum by accident while searching for some bass related topic & decided to sign up & see if my interest in bass would be rekindled or whether it would prove to me once and for all that it was time to sell the gear & give up playing altogether.

Fast forward to 31st December and I'm the incredibly proud owner of another Zon, have joined a band for the first time in years due to contacts made on the forum (thanks Matt!), and am also about to go into the studio to record a bunch of songs with another old muso friend who contacted me last week.

Most importantly I am enjoying my playing in a way that I honestly never thought I would again, which is just such a great feeling.

I honestly think that I would have sold all my bass gear by now if I hadn't discovered the wealth of knowledge & the genuinely fantastic bunch of people who make this forum such a useful & valuable resource, as well as just a great place to spend some time (probably too much time actually!).

Thanks for breathing new life into this old bastard - I really appreciate it.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL.[/quote]

Great story! I think many of us would say the same actually..Basschat is a remarkable community!

So, Happy New Year to Basschat and to everyone here who helps make the place what it is!

Oddly, this place keeps me motivated as I have to log on every day. There have been days this year when I really couldnt be arsed to think about basses. However coming into the new year I'm into a new pimping project, I'm desperatly hoping my time has come for one of my necks to go on holiday to the US and come back fretless and superb.
I have made a pact with my geetarist to play more and maybe record some bits... (oo er missus!)
I am going to start jamming with a couple of guys from work too and see where that goes...!

All thanks to this place......

Being a mod can be a PITA at times but you know what..? Its impossible to be negative for long around a community such as this!

So I absolutely empathise with you Rhys, and I genuinely share your optimism!

[quote name='The Burpster' post='697940' date='Jan 1 2010, 01:52 PM']Oddly, this place keeps me motivated as I have to log on every day. There have been days this year when I really couldnt be arsed to think about basses. However coming into the new year I'm into a new pimping project, I'm desperatly hoping my time has come for one of my necks to go on holiday to the US and come back fretless and superb.
I have made a pact with my geetarist to play more and maybe record some bits... (oo er missus!)
I am going to start jamming with a couple of guys from work too and see where that goes...!

All thanks to this place......

Being a mod can be a PITA at times but you know what..? Its impossible to be negative for long around a community such as this!

So I absolutely empathise with you Rhys, and I genuinely share your optimism![/quote]

Yup! The great thing about BC is that no matter how crap the real world is, there's always something interesting in the For Sale areas!!!! But in all seriousness, this is perhaps the best bass community in the universe!

Love to all!

Nick

[quote name='mrcrow' post='698149' date='Jan 1 2010, 05:40 PM'].....because you aint worth it
:)[/quote]

Excellent! So, Ped should include this in all his marketing materials:

"[b]Basschat - the kiss of life for old bastards. .....because you aint worth it![/b]"

Obviously, with due respect to all the younger & properly parented Basschatters amongst us, etc, etc!

:rolleyes:

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='697562' date='Dec 31 2009, 09:32 PM']Don't you just hate those people.... "I wasn't sure if I was interested in playing bass so I bought a Zon"!![/quote]

I think the worst are "my son wanted to start playing a bass so I bought him an Eden rig and a brand new Fodera as a startup kit..."

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='697922' date='Jan 1 2010, 01:35 PM']Great story! I think many of us would say the same actually..Basschat is a remarkable community!

So, Happy New Year to Basschat and to everyone here who helps make the place what it is![/quote]

+ 1

T

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='697922' date='Jan 1 2010, 01:35 PM']Great story! I think many of us would say the same actually..Basschat is a remarkable community!

So, Happy New Year to Basschat and to everyone here who helps make the place what it is![/quote]
Damn straight! This is a wonderful community to be a part of, an honour.