Why become a member? ×

GONE

warwickhunt

[size=7][color="#FF0000"]GONE[/color][/size]

I've basically decided that not only do I prefer light basses (this is 9lb and balances perfect) but I also want reduced body size basses (though not cricket bat ones :) ). I'd be interested in a Sterling or other basses of similar quality, must be small bodied bass and no more than 9lb in weight.

Edited by warwickhunt

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='690630' date='Dec 21 2009, 01:50 PM']Nice thought, though I think the Ray is significantly larger than the Sterling as well. :)[/quote]

Think you're right WH, strangely tho, I didn't find any difference (by that I mean the size didn't seem to register when playing) when I moved from a 90's Ray4 to a 2004 Sterling and then back to a 2005 Ray4. The Sterling was about 1/2 pound heavier than my 2005 Ray4 as well - go figure.

[quote name='martthebass' post='690761' date='Dec 21 2009, 04:22 PM']Think you're right WH, strangely tho, I didn't find any difference (by that I mean the size didn't seem to register when playing) when I moved from a 90's Ray4 to a 2004 Sterling and then back to a 2005 Ray4. The Sterling was about 1/2 pound heavier than my 2005 Ray4 as well - go figure.[/quote]

I only identified the size difference when someone local brought their Ray to see that it would fit in the MM/EB Sterling case that I had for sale... Ray was quite a bit larger but you'd not think it to look at it. Odd that the Sterling was so heavy as the couple that I've either owned or tried have been pretty light but there are bound to be vagaries in weight, hence my constant requests for people to weigh their bass accurately rather than manufacturers claims or bathroom scale guesstimates. :rolleyes: :)

[quote name='martthebass' post='690983' date='Dec 21 2009, 08:48 PM']So need something light, balances well and can out Ray a Ray? Sounds like a Status Streamline to me WH, love mine so much [u][b]I'm going to be cremated with it (hopefully in the distant future)[/b][/u]......[/quote]

Anthems for the over 30's...

"I'd rather fade away than burn out"

"I hope I get old before I die"

:)

Edited by warwickhunt

[quote name='molan' post='691018' date='Dec 21 2009, 09:23 PM']What a nice looking P - bet those Nordy's work well too :)[/quote]

Indeed! :lol: :lol:

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='691029' date='Dec 21 2009, 09:31 PM']Oooh! Ooh! This is very lovely!

It feels a heck of a lot lighter than 9lb![/quote]

I know it impressed you when you gave it a quick blast t'uther day and I agree that it feels even lighter than 9lb but you know me MB... I'm a stickler for accurate weight and this clocks in bang on 9lb. :rolleyes: